I am baccckkk ! feeling good 4 days post op !

ginau
on 5/11/08 9:55 am - mesa, AZ
Ok its been 4 days since my revision surgery ! Feel much better  today - had a little melt down yesterday  and had to call Dr S .. he was nice and told me I was under medicating myself .  Who know  that Wal-mart does not translate metric to  us measures - I was only giving myselft 1 t of meds instead of the 1 Tblspn I needed , That and a Muscle relaxor got me some much needed sleep!    2 hernia's  repaired , lots of scar tissue removed, and a common channel of 75, and a wonderful Dr who calls back and talks to his pts  ! By the way   the incission is worth  the price .  for all to be fixxed.   Note  to self - bad backs and hospital beds do not go well together. !!!
Angela M.
on 5/11/08 10:17 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
So glad you are feeling better and doing well!  I know you will kep us all posted on your progress.....so, you just had a RNY revision?

317/287/170

ginau
on 5/11/08 10:58 am - mesa, AZ

Yes !  Dr Schlesinger  just shortened the common channel ! more malabsoptive, He didnt touch yhe pouch at all.  I stepped on scale today  for kicks and giggles - Down 4 lbs from  Wed morning admission.  

Arizonadck
on 5/11/08 10:30 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi Gina - so you had the Extended Rny?  I bet you're glad it's over and you're on your way to becoming a "big loser"  -- I wish you the best - glad you're feeling ok and getting the right meds for pain!  Dr. Schlesinger has helped me in making some decisions - the most important:  getting a 2nd opinion for the type of revision.  I wish he was in my area - I would definitely go to him!  Keep us posted - take care!  Carolyn
lizzythompson
on 5/11/08 12:12 pm - Denton, TX
My revision is tomorrow afternoon!! I don't have a clue how much scar tissue I have, but I am sure it is a bunch. I also have a Hiatal Hernia that Dr Barker will repair while making my pouch smaller and reducing and reinforcing my stoma. He said he wouldn't change the length of the common channel, but also reserved the right to change his mind if he got in there and desided it was necessary. I don't care what he does. I just want it to work!!! Glad U are home and doing well. I will be taking my laptop to the hospital with me. Will only be in overnight, but I don't sleep in the hospital and always end up sharing a room with a weirdo that either doesn't want the tv on or has screaming matches on the phone or with visitors.....
Cynthia Johnson
on 5/11/08 2:37 pm
Hello, glad you are feeling better.  Good to hear you got good help from Dr. S.  Congrats on the 4 lbs loss a pound a day not bad!. Who was your ins carrier?
ginau
on 5/12/08 1:37 am - mesa, AZ
Aetna !  they have been pretty  good !  My 4 scripts cost me  $155,  the Hospital  was $288  and I dont have the other Bills in yet .  Oh 125 was for 2 weeks of Lovenox injections.  
M. Hall
on 5/12/08 3:28 am - Norcross, GA
Ginau Glad to see you doing better, I just joined the website a month ago when I started looking into a revision. Ive been looking for and waiting for you to respond just so I could see and hear for myself that it is possible.  I too have alot of scar tissue and a fistula to repair after 3 surgeries from my 1st RNY. My Doc said scar tissue is alot of trouble and he is going to do the extended RNY also but he said he is going to make pouch so small that Ill only be able to take 1 bite and be full.  Congratulations to you, I am so HAPPY for you! How long did your surgery take?
ginau
on 5/12/08 7:16 am - mesa, AZ
Actual O.R. time was only about 1.5 hrs - I believed the scar tissue and hernia's took most of the time , my original bypass was not  a large bypassed amnt - Dr was supprised to see that  ,  I was in my room by noon !  this was the easier  for the 3 surgery's I have had . I am learning to live with my new body ...  
Deanne K.
on 5/12/08 1:12 pm - Tucson, AZ
It's surprising that it's was ot bypassed as much as they think it was.  I am shocked by that.  I had a chat with a lady who runs a Dr. supervised weight loss program at my work and she was shocked when I was telling her what my pre-albumin lab was in November.  She was down right appalled.  She can't believe that they are not concerned at all.  I was telling her that I was going to see Dr. Schlesinger.  She had met him at a bariatrician conference in Phoenix last month.  She really liked him.   Deanne
Most Active