2 wks post ROSE procedure - not happy

catbert
on 5/6/08 5:43 am - MN

I had my ROSE procedure on April 22 out of the Cinncinati Weight Loss Center by Drs. Watkins and Mobley.  First week was full liquids.  Week 2 and 3 are soft foods.  I completed week 2 and starting week 3 of my soft food diet. 
At this stage, I must say I am HIGHLY disappointed.  I have not lost one pound and actually gained 1.5 pounds.  You may be asking how this can happen.  I am asking that as well.  I work out 4-5 times per week for 45-60 minutes.  Eating the soft foods slowly with no liquids before, during or after.  The difference is that I do not feel full at all.  I am able to eat the same amount as I did pre ROSE with the only difference being that the food is soft.
I am wondering if my stomach is stretchier or more elastic than what it looked like under the scope when they did the procedure.  They only put in 1 anchor in the pouch and 2 around the stoma.  I am still able to swallow 6-7 pills with zero issues. 
I emailed the docs today about my concerns over the elasticity of the pouch & stoma and that perhaps when they looked under the scope they didn't realize that the lining is actually stretchier than what appeared under the scope.  I'm not sure what is going on, but hopefully I 'll find out soon. 
I paid $14,000 out of my own pocket with the understanding that my pouch and stoma were being put back to where they were post gastric bypass I had 6 years ago.
pepsi98
on 5/6/08 7:13 am - Norwich, CT
Boy, the same thing happened to me with Stomaphyx...paid out of pocket and have no restriction!
MsCin
on 5/6/08 8:07 am
Oh man, sorry to hear that your surgery is not working the way it was meant to work.  It will be very interesting to find out what your surgeon says about all this.  The more and more I read on this board the less I think I even want any of these new revision surgeries.  Keep  us posted!
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/08 1:03 pm
happy girl
on 5/7/08 3:35 am
Linda, just curious, do you remember what your stoma started at and how small they made it, did it increase to 8mm at 6 week?  Which center are you going through? I started with 25mm, got down to 12mm and upto 14mm at my 6 week.  no restriction at all.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

reenieb
on 5/9/08 4:37 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
I had the restorE procedure with the same dismal results. I am devestated. And terrified. Am gaining and can't see how to make this stop. I hate that I had this done. Maureen
catbert
on 5/9/08 8:27 am - MN
I spoke with the nurse the other day and since I am only on my second week of soft foods, she thought that when I move to solids that I will start to see the restriction difference.  I hope that is the case.  I follow up with her on may 22.
sholy
on 5/12/08 4:11 am - KY
I really don't understand why they are making people stay on liquids anyway....what is the real purpose of that? I understand the pouch could be tender...but I didn't stay on liquids for that long after my original RNY and we all know that there was NO hunger involved then...and from what I have heard that is NOT the case for the ROSE. Then we hear that if you eat too little , your body goes into starvation mode and you won't lose....weight loss is so mysterious!!!!! (even with the help of professionals!)
Most Active