Has anyone had the ROSE procedure already????

Jeff_Fiala
on 4/17/08 12:30 am - Puyallup, WA
Hey thanks for the question. I ws put on  clear liquid diet 2 weeks before surgery. After surgery I was kept on clear liquids for 6 weeks. After the first week I was able to do vitamins and protein also. I do not feel hungry all the time. And I am not sure how much I can eat. I am very careful to measure out 1/2 up of food and I am not hungry after that much. I was absolutely amazed at how many people we right out of surgery and eating. he pouch is noteven healed yet and theyare putting food in it... But hey I guess every doc thinks they have the best way of doing things. Good luck!
Jeff_Fiala
on 4/14/08 2:53 pm - Puyallup, WA
I had the surgery done at St. francis hospital in Federal way washington by Dr. Ki Oh... I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy...
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/17/08 2:07 am - Knoxville, TN
My doctor told me to have liquids for a week then move to full liquids then on week 3 add the protein smoothies, applesauce baby food with no added corn syrup an peanut butter and bananas ....Week 4 can add the eggs and such for a soft diet then Stage 5 add the backed fish .....Week 6 add crackers , cereal pasta toasted bread protein bars, beef or turkey jerky Chicken and turkey .....after 4 months I can add Port Beef and Ham ....am curious to why they have you on liquid diet for so long ....Thinkin that since i want to lose so much that maybe i need to stay on the liquid diet for a longer period ...What do you think?
Jeff_Fiala
on 4/17/08 2:30 pm - Puyallup, WA
The reason is because during the first 6 weeks your pouch s healing... you have fresh stitching down there and it is not healed. The leading cause for infection is getting small bits of food in around or in between your stitches... the 6 weeks allows for the pouch to create scar tissue to prevent food getting caught.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/17/08 9:35 pm - Knoxville, TN
wonder why my doc only has me on clear liquids for a week nad then full liquids for the next week and then soft foods ..maybe i should do what you are doing
keenergel
on 4/17/08 10:37 pm - OH
I have never heard of this proceedure.  CAn you elaborate?
Most Active