Has anyone had the ROSE procedure already????

patsy13215
on 4/14/08 9:37 am - syracuse, NY
HI CHERYL;GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PREOP STUFFTOMORROW. I WILL BE HAVING MY CONSULT ON THE 30TH FOR IT.DIDYOU NEED TO HAVE ANY OTHER DOCTORS APPROVE IT FOR YOU OTHER THAN THE STUDY DR'S.GOOD LUCKPATSY
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/15/08 10:05 am - Knoxville, TN
I had to have a clearance from the cardiologist .....also from the internal medicine doc ...had to have several blood tests ...chest xray ...MRSA test ....H Plyloric test ....EKG .....and i beleive that is all besides the Nutritionist and the Psych Eval .... Cheryl
JeannieBVA1
on 4/14/08 1:42 pm

Cherl,

Good luck!  It sounds like this may be the way to go.

Jeannie

patsy13215
on 4/13/08 9:57 pm - syracuse, NY
HI JEFF; I AM SCHEDULED FOR A CONSULT FOR THE ROSE PROCEDURE IN LONGBRANCH NJ.AT THE MONMOUTH MEDICAL CENTER ON THE30THOF APRIL..ANY HELPFUL HINTS?? HOW ARE YOU FEELING?ARE YOU FEELINGTHAT SAME RESTRICTION YOU FELT AFTER THE BYPASS.. DID THE PROGRAM COVER YOUR COSTS?HOW MUCH RECOVERY DID YOU NEED??THAMKS  PATSY
danielle S.
on 4/14/08 10:56 am
what is the rose procedure?
Jeff_Fiala
on 4/17/08 12:33 am - Puyallup, WA
The ROSE is done when some who has had the gastric bypass has a pouch that is larger than it should be. They go in through the mouth and make the pouch smaller... Thre i no cutting involved so I had almost no time off of work.
catbert
on 4/14/08 12:51 am - MN
Congratulations on the 30 pound weight loss.  I am scheduled for the ROSE procedure at the Cincinnati weight loss center on April 22nd.   Can you tell if you felt any pain, how you felt after, and what that had you on for dietary restrictions?
Jeff_Fiala
on 4/14/08 7:21 am - Puyallup, WA
I had absolutely no pain after the revision... i woke up a little groggy from the meds but absolutley no discomfort. I have been doing soft foods and have some restriction back.. It was a great decision.
JeannieBVA1
on 4/14/08 1:41 pm
Jeff,  I'm so glad you wrote to us about your experience.  I had the Rose surgery scheduled for April 24th but found out two weeks ago that I was 6 weeks pregnant.   I've never had such mixed emotions in all my life.  I was so prepared to have this surgery, and we were not trying to get pregnant so it was a complete surprise.  I hope to still be able to get something done after the baby. I dont remember if you posted it or not but when did you have the surgery and where? Take care and much success to you. Jeannie
catbert
on 4/16/08 11:34 pm - MN
I have a few questions: 1. What type of diet did they have you on right after the procedure?  clear then onto full then soft?  or did you start right off with soft food?   2. I read that someone else who had the procedure still felt hungry all of the time?  Do you?  Do you feel full after you eat?   3. How much food can you eat in one setting?
Most Active