Has anyone had the ROSE procedure already????

JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 11:50 am
Just curious... I have not spoke to ANYONE that's had this done.
Cynthia Johnson
on 3/10/08 2:58 pm
Hello, I am currently looking into the Rose procedure.  I checked out the site in OR and WA.  Let's keep in contact with what we find.
DianeI
on 3/13/08 9:07 am - MD
I don't know anyone who has had this done. I have read about it. Right now, Stomaphyx is out for me, as my pouch is as tiny as the day it was made! UGH lol
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/13/08 9:22 am - Knoxville, TN
My pouch is 10.2 cm by 5.1 cm and my stoma is 7.8 cm I just hope I get into the ROSE trial .... I am going to Georgetown KY tomorrow for a seminar on revisions ..... gonna turn my paperwork in and see if they will let me interview for the ROSE
DianeI
on 3/13/08 9:40 am - MD
My pouch is 2.5 cm X 3.0 cm and my stoma is 2.5-3.0 or so. Everything just going right into my intestine, doesn't even stop at pouch. If stoma were smaller, I'd be great. Guess it's just relaxed, as I have not stretched out my pouch at all. Good luck tomorrow
JeannieBVA1
on 3/13/08 9:41 am
I hope it works out for you.  I'm scheduled for the Rose procedure April 14th...
JeannieBVA1
on 3/14/08 9:33 am
Here is a link that I think will let you know the hospitals/Dr.s doing the Restore or studies for revision.     I think this is it: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00411489?term=nct00411489+AND+TP0165+AND+Endoscopic+Stomach+and+Pouch+Reduction+in+Patients+With+Weight+Regain+Following+Roux-En-Y+Bypass+Surgery&rank=1
wigglypoo
on 4/14/08 10:39 am - Sturgis, MI
Wow guys, I am so confused, I keep checking out the site on clinical trial.gov and it says the trials are complete and that they are not taking new patients, then I keep hearing how people are going to seminars to get into the studies.. I am glad people are getting in, but don't seem to be able to get accurate information.. Are the studies still open or closed? How do you get in if the main site says they are closed? Any help is appreciated... Wigglypoo.
Jeff_Fiala
on 4/13/08 3:12 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hello... I had the ROSE don on 2/15/08 have lost about 30 pounds since then.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/13/08 10:01 pm - Knoxville, TN
I am having my Pre Op appts with the Surgeon and nutritionist and internal medicine doc tomorrow and having my procedure on the 23 ....I want to lose about 65 lbs not sure that will be possible but sure hope it is Congrats on your weightloss ...how much didi you have to lose Cheryl
Most Active