Has anyone had a STOMAPHYX procedure? Anyone???

darnell239
on 3/8/08 8:48 am - Columbia, SC
You have quite a story!  I don't know if I could have mentally handled all those surgeries and I am really surprise that you are struggling with the DS.  I am in the process of trying to have a revision myself.  I have an endoscopy scheduled for Tuesday.  My first surgery was the mini-gastric bypass the surgeon I am using is familiar with this surgery and plans to convert me to the RNY.  I was considering the stomaphx myself but I chose not to go that route because it is still too new and there are no long term results to prove it's effectiveness.  Have you considered the lapband of your DS?  I think you may get more long term results.  There is nothing wrong with wanting to be 135 lbs versus 160.  Keep the board inform on what you decide and how it goes.
pepsi98
on 3/8/08 10:07 pm - Norwich, CT
Go back several pages on this forum because there are several posts on Stomaphyx.  Also, read some posts that don't have specifically "Stomaphyx" in the title because I've posted on a lot of those as well as others and I've gleaned a lot of info by doing that.
Shawn G.
on 3/9/08 10:03 am - New Hyde Park, NY
I have a large experience performing stomaphyx and it doesn't work for patients after DS.  The pouch is too large and too long.  I have tried to do it once and it was unsuccessful.  So be careful before wasting $7000.
Kate T.
on 4/16/08 4:34 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Hi Lili - can I ask where you're located that you found a physician who does StomaphyX for $7000?  I just heard about this for the first time a couple of weeks ago and like you, have been trying to get more info on it.  There's a bariatric surgeon here who's just going to start performing it, but the hospital he's at is still in the process of figuring out the price, codes, etc.  If it comes in at much more than $7000, I'd maybe look at traveling if I decide to proceed, especially if the surgeon you found has actually done some the procedures.  Thanks for any info you can share!  Kathi
Pam K.
on 4/16/08 5:32 am - Aurora, IL
Try Dr. Schlessinger at AZ weight loss solutions.  I think he was $8000 and has done quite a few of the stomaphyx.  I would go to him if he was closer.  He did my original surgery when he was in IL and I loved him.  He also posts frequently on here.
MsCin
on 4/16/08 5:50 am, edited 4/16/08 5:53 am
Not to get in a bidding war or who is the cheapest...but Dr. Mark Pleatman in Bloomfield Hills, Mi does the complete StomaphyX surgery for $5000 (surgeon, hospital, anesthesia). ttp://laparoscopy.com/pleatman/  
Carolina_Grl
on 7/20/08 1:41 am - simpsonville, SC
I am looking for a Dr In the Greenville, SC area to do the Stomaphyx.  Please, if anyone knows of someone in Greenville, SC let me know.

Thank You So Much...
Most Active