I had my RESTORe procedure

Betsy C.
on 3/3/08 5:44 am - Efland, NC
I thought I would post an update.  This is day 4 post-RESTORe procedure, it's the end of my work day, and I feel pretty darned good.  I have no cravings, no hunger (just an emptyish feeling), fill up quickly on shakes and jello, and am down...  ready for this... 5 pounds! I'm just so excited I can hardly stand it.  I hope this is a trend and it will keep going - although I'm sure it will slow down some.  But I can see that I am finally going to be able to get that 40 pounds off. Happy in North Carolina, Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

JeannieBVA1
on 3/3/08 11:27 am
Betsy,  We are all pulling for you!!  Hope you are up and running in no time!!  Jeannie
Toni Crouch
on 3/6/08 2:25 pm
Can u explain what the "sham" is??
Betsy C.
on 3/6/08 9:19 pm - Efland, NC
RESTORe is a Randomized, Double Blind clinical trial, which means not everyone gets the "actual" procedure.  2/3 of the participants get the actual procedure, and 1/3 get the "sham" procedure, which simply means you are put through the motions of having the procedure - given anesthesia, scope put down your throat, but it's simply an endoscopy, not the actual suturing procedure.  But they won't tell you until your 6 month follow-up visit whether you actually got the procedure.  Most people who got the procedure know they got it because they feel restricted once again, and can follow the very restrictive liquid diet for 2 weeks, followed by soft solids, etc. - very similar to the diet we all followed after WLS.  If you had the sham, that would be quite difficult because there were no sutures to tighten up the pouch.  Does that make sense? Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Betsy C.
on 3/5/08 2:30 am - Efland, NC
Another update - at day 6 post-RESTORe procedure, I've now lost 7-1/2 lbs.  Never thought it would go that quickly - yippeee!!!  I'm certain I had "the procedure" and not the sham because I'm not hungry and not craving.  The soft solid phase does not start until a week from Saturday.  I'm willing to bet I'll be ready to eat real food by then.  This is the very best thing I've done for myself in the last 5 years (May 7 will be my 5th anniversary of WLS). Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Most Active