I had my RESTORe procedure

Betsy C.
on 2/29/08 7:27 pm - Efland, NC
At least I think I did - on Thursday.  It's been a pretty shaky 2 days - horrendous sore throat (from the overtube) and almost constant headaches.  Oh and the nausea from the anesthesia wasn't much fun, but I managed not to throw up.  So far this morning there's no headache, and I get to start on full liquids, which means I get protein shakes.  I'm pretty convinced the headaches were withdrawal from carbs or sugar, or just food in general.  I really feel like I got the actual procedure based on how long it took.  I went in to surgery at 9:30, and my husband was notified it was over about noon.  That seems really long to me from what I've heard from others.  I think I've turned a corner and today I'll feel much better.  We'll see...  I'll post later how things are going, but we've been in a hotel near the hospital and are leaving for home this morning - yeah!  (6 hour drive) Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

(deactivated member)
on 2/29/08 9:39 pm
Betsy- I think you're right about the headaches being from carb withdrawl.  I had to do a bowel prep starting 2 days before the procedure so I had a head start on eliminating carbs..lol.  You'll be fine very soon and the cravings will be GONE, if they aren't already.  Have a safe trip home and we'll talk more later!
S Andrews
on 3/1/08 12:43 am - eatonville, WA
Congragulations Betsy! I know this will be a greast start for you- a new beginning so to speak. Keep us all posted on how it goes! We'll all be thinking of you. Sharon
Baltimore Babe
on 3/1/08 5:06 am - MD

Congratulations Betsy! Glad to hear that you sailed through your procedure. I hope your throat is feeling better soon, take care and keep us posted on your  progess, please. Laura

Betsy C.
on 3/1/08 6:13 am - Efland, NC
I'm home after a long (6-hour) drive from Baltimore.  I'm actually feeling pretty good with the exception of the sore throat, and I'm still a little light-headed from the anesthesia, but no headache today.  Although I have no hunger whatsoever, I'm enjoying a nice warm chicken broth, then I'll have a protein shake a little later.   I'm going to curl up in the recliner with my broth and watch some TV.  Will post more later.  Thanks for all your support. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

KIMBERLY W.
on 3/1/08 6:47 am - Florence, MA
Gcream souplad to hear all went well including your trip! You are a trooper. when I had the 1st procedure (sham) I to had a headache for  5 days. I thought it was from the cafine withdraw.  I think now from what others say thats it is prolly a little bit of everthing. WE notice it more because with this procedure there are no pain meds like with the original WLS. I am haveing the real deal on the 26th of this month so I will beable to comare notes. The one thing I CAN tell you is I did not have any feeling in my pouch or stoma that made me think I had it done that firts time out. I got hungry  ravinous with in a few days and begged them to let me have cream soups which i could not have untill the 16 th day. I was on only liquids no cream soupd pudding  or yougurt for that time just CIB 3 times a day and the rest  clear liquids. I was haveing a  hard time. MINd you I was the shap so it when in and out. I cant waite to see the difference. I know I can do it this time with the actual procedure since i did it before.. Good luk and keep us posted.  KIM
RiverQueen
on 3/1/08 11:54 am - IA
Glad to hear your home and doing well.  Hopefully you will get over the headaches soon, I know there is nothing worse than a carb/sugar/caffiene withdrawal headache.  Get some get sleep, lots of fluids and hope you feel better soon!  Take Care
monikabell123
on 3/1/08 7:52 pm - Thailand
Hi, can you tell me what a Restore procedure is please ? I had WLS RNY in Feb 2007 and have stopped losing weight. Lost 103lbs and haven't gained anything for 2-3 months but haven't lost either and stuck at 183lbs...I would so love to be 140lbs... thanks you the information and hope you feel better soon.  Kay
Betsy C.
on 3/1/08 8:10 pm - Efland, NC
Unfortunately the RESTORe procedure is no longer enrolling, but there is another similar type of procedure being done under the name of the ROSe trial.  It's a clinical trial for gastric bypass patients who have regained some weight or have not lost all their weight.   The ROSE Procedure (Revision Obesity Surgery, Endoscopic) uses FDA-cleared endoscopic instruments to decrease pouch and stoma size to recreate a restriction to encourage weight loss. This technique does not require surgical incisions, but is an endoscopic suturing device is introduced via endoscopy.   Sutures are placed in the stomach pouch to reduce its size and around the stoma to reduce its diameter. For more information, go to http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00411489?term=nct00411489+AND+TP0165+AND+Endoscopic+Stomach+and+Pouch+Reduction+in+Patients+With+Weight+Regain+Following+Roux-En-Y+Bypass+Surgery&rank=1 If this whole link does not show, go to clinicaltrials.gov, and search for Clinical Trials Identifier NCT00411489.  I hope this helps.

Lap RNY 5/7/03

tharris158
on 3/1/08 10:25 pm - Spring Hope, NC
Hi Betsy Congrats on doing the procedure...  I hope all goes well for you... Keep us updated on how you are doing. Tami
Most Active