can someone give me some food/beverage suggestions 1 week out from revision

GrammieDeb
on 2/28/08 8:43 am - Portsmouth, NH
Milk is bothering me even like Ensure with out milk, so no CIB's, yogurt (although did just try half a cheese stick, the jury is still out...)  SF applesause seemed to go ok. Strained chicken soup broth went ok...anything else?
Deb Connors 
HW 293/ DOS 266/ CW 214
ginau
on 2/28/08 9:38 am - mesa, AZ
Sf pudding,  protein drinks ,  stay away from milk too many calories andnot enough protein.  you can put anything into a blender and strain it !!!
JeannieBVA1
on 2/28/08 10:47 am
Liptons has a soup.. it comes 4pks to a box and it's "cream of chicken".  You pour the powder in a cup and add ho****er.  They are very tasty!  Also the texture is a little thicker then broth so they seem to satisfy you a little more.  It's also good to add protein powder in the soup.  SF jello, pop cycles, and fudge cycles are good.   Crystal lite has strawberry pks to add to your bottled water.  They are good. GMC sales some really good protein drinks in cans.  (Coffe flavor, etc)   I can handle milk either but I do fine with these.  Good luck!   Jeannie
GrammieDeb
on 2/28/08 11:29 pm - Portsmouth, NH
Thanks all for the suggestions!
Deb Connors 
HW 293/ DOS 266/ CW 214
KIMBERLY W.
on 3/1/08 6:50 am - Florence, MA
try continentsl 8 soy milk its very good and is less in cal then milk plus has more protien        lim
skinny_cyndi
on 3/2/08 4:58 am - Mahwah, NJ
I am less than one week out from revision and have been using the nectar fuzzy navel mixed with water. no problems and i dropped the air weight i gained from the laproscopic procedure within 5 days
GrammieDeb
on 3/5/08 7:28 am - Portsmouth, NH
Lucky you! I had mine open. I have yet to find the fuzzy navel nectar. My nut had a fit when I told her I was having refried beans and salsa!! But, man I need something with flavor and substance to go with my chix soup!!! Air weight I never heard of that. I had about 16 pounds of water weight that I finally lost. Why did you need the revision?
Deb Connors 
HW 293/ DOS 266/ CW 214
jacquelyn7
on 6/6/08 11:57 am - Wall Township, NJ
Hi there Deb! I just noticed in your post that you mentioned having 16 lbs of water weight after your revision. My Dr. told me today that's possibly why I haven't lost any weight since my revision 3 weeks ago. How long did it take you to lose tha****er weight? And how did you know it was water weight? :) Thank you! and Congrats on your progress!! Best, Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 6/6/08 12:29 pm - AZ
GrammieDeb, You really did not have refried beans you ? Your kidding aren't you....
skinny_cyndi
on 3/5/08 10:16 am - Mahwah, NJ
I needed the revision for staple line disruption and an ulcer, and the opening for the limb was made way too small by my previous surgeon causing a stricture.
Most Active