Upper Endoscopy done today

kmbear
on 3/18/08 10:27 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
I did not have a RNY so not so sure about strictures with that surgery. Don't worry about getting the scope, it was quick, easy and painfree. I hope that you will be better soon, I know how you are feeling. I was very tired and weak from not getting anything to eat. Karen
OnMyWay3
on 3/18/08 10:34 am - NY
Thanks for the reply! I'm sooooo weak and tired- even washing my hair in the shower is exhausting and I'm REALLY sick of applesauce- it's the only thing I can do now.  It's only about 2-3 hours AFTER I eat that I'm in pain, which seems to be a symptom of the scar tissue stricture.  I hope they can schedule me soon- six weeks out, I've lost plenty of weight but am feeling so terrible I wish I'd never had the RNY to begin with... :(  Thanks for the thoughts!!!
kmbear
on 3/18/08 10:41 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
I had alot of vomiting and decided to drink protein drinks and have yogurt to give me some energy. That really helped me alot. Karen
OnMyWay3
on 3/18/08 12:16 pm - NY
I thought of that- but the milk (or something) in the protein shakes suddenly won't stay down, either.  It's so frustrating!  The ONLY times I've vomited at all since the surgery has been in the past week with all of this foamy saliva and inability to eat pretty much ANYTHING.  Thanks for letting my know I'm not alone! :)
kmbear
on 3/19/08 10:32 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you will get that scope soon. Karen
Most Active