The ROSE procedure

momelrod
on 12/9/08 9:55 am
 do you have tammy's email address?i am currently in maine awaiting the birth of my first grandchild and don't have me addresses with me thanks michele
momelrod
on 12/9/08 9:58 am
if you want to contact me directly its [email protected] 
susang
on 6/28/09 10:57 am - CA
Has anyone had more anchors and been satisfied with this surgery or the stomaphyx? I guess the docs put in a conservative amount of anchors at first??? Or does it just not really work overall??? Hmmm
sandistorms
on 12/9/08 2:30 am
On November 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM Pacific Time, Rosey25 wrote:
Had the Rose procedure 7/30/08 from Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston, MA and lost 23 lbs.  I, too, am very disappointed in the results.  I suffered through 2 weeks of liquids and was starving most of the time.  Soft foods were ok, but still very hungry.  Progressed to solids and could eat fine most of the day except for dinner, which was just a spoon of veggies and an ouce of protein.  Kept food diaries faithfully and I only ate a maximum of 450 to 500 cals a day and didn't lose any weight for weeks on end.  It is very frustrating.  Had another endoscope last week to find out that my stomach had stretched from the fixed size (don't know the exact measurements) and that the stoma was small.  I don't know what to do anymore.  My appetite is back in a big way and I can eat whatever I want whenever I want.  The doctor said to eat bulkier foods but I am hungry all the time.  Probably even more than before. 

Is it true that we can get a band around our bypassed stomachs?  If someone had told me that, I would have done it because it is much more controllable.  Can we get it now after having this procedure?  When I went to my original GB surgeon, they told me to "use the tool I had been given" that other procedures were too risky.  They don't know what it's like.  They just don't know what it's all about.

Please respond - someone.
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I was just at B&W for an endoscopy to see if I am a candidate for a revision. Would you kindly contact me off-line to discuss more details?

[email protected]

Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 11:03 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
Yes- my surgeon will put a lap band around a stoma.  Daisy
margaret C.
on 6/29/08 2:51 am
bubbie617
on 7/10/08 1:57 pm - King of Prussia, PA
I live in a suburb of Philadelphia.  Does anyone know the closest center/doctor who does the stoma revision surgery?  I am willing to go to Baltimore, but I don't know the name of the doctor, etc. there.  Can anyone give me more information?  Thanks.
funrn55
on 9/9/08 4:19 am - Folsom, CA
Hello,
      I am interested in the Rose or Stomaphyx procedures.Does anyone know the difference,and does anyone know id Kaiser covers this procedure?
            Thank you!
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/08 10:37 am - KY

HELP ANYBODY!!!   I  HAD A UNSUCCESSFUL GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY DONE 5 YEARS AGO.  ONLY LOST A  TOTAL OF 30 POUNDS.  I NEED A REVISION DONE.  DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANY DOCTOR IN KENTUCKY WHO TAKES MEDICARE INSURANCE?  THANKS, PAT IN FRANKFORT, KY

Ami W.
on 1/19/09 2:27 am
I had surgery in Brunswick GA, a town on the southeast coast of Georgia.  The surgeon that I went to, Dr. Peter Henderson, was wonderful!  I had such a great experience with him and his staff, they were all very kind and very competent.  I was in the office the other day and heard that he is now offering the ROSE procedure.  If anyone is interested in finding out more about Dr. Henderson his number is (912) 264-9724 or 866-459-LIVE.  His practice is Georgia Coast Surgical, their website is www.georgiacoastsurgical.com.
Most Active