The ROSE procedure

jjudkins01
on 4/8/08 12:24 pm

Feeling great. Some days were better than others but as I been able to add food I've started feeling better. I've loss 12 pounds so far. I'm excited for your up coming procedure. i wish you the best of luck. I have sooo much more energy.  I try to walk everyday and I've gotten a couple of a exercise tapes. I think you will be glad you had the procedure done.

catbert
on 4/16/08 11:48 pm - MN
I am having my ROSE procedure on April 22nd at the Cincinnati Weight Loss center.  I was unfortunately not able to be part of the trial, so I have to pay $14k out of pocket plus air and hotel.  It's a lot, but my life and the value in which I lead my life is worth more than that.  I had open RNY back in 2001, but over the last year my pouch and stoma have stretched.  I'm excited and nervous for the procedure.  My goal is to lose 30 pounds, but I'm going to try to shoot for 40.   It's going to be tough on me the following week since we are going to Mexico the following week  and all I will be able to DRINK are liquids since I won't be able to move to soft foods until after 7 days.  I'm keeping my eye on the goal and not on my obsession of food.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/17/08 12:52 am - Knoxville, TN
Congrats.... I am having my Procedure on the 23rd at Georgetown
MsCin
on 4/17/08 1:26 am

Monmouth Medical Center in New Jersey is still enrolling folks into their clinical trial phase for the ROSE procedure.  Couple out of pocket expenses include their nutritionist, pre-tests (if not covered by ins). I believe there was something else but I did not write it down. Spoke to them today and they were willing to sign me up immediately.  Since I work at a major University ( Michigan ) with protocols, IRBs, and FDA on clinical trials, it struck me as all they are interested in is enrolling their 20 subjects into the trial vs. being companionate to their potential patients. or maybe it was just the person that called me.   I am requesting a copy of the protocol/patient’s commitment (in laymen’s terms) so that I can make decision to enroll or not.  Will keep you updated.

Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/17/08 4:15 am - Knoxville, TN
Georgetown Community Hospital and Bluegrass baraiatrics are great to work with ....they seem to really care about their patients and potential patients Cheryl
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/23/08 10:58 am - Knoxville, TN
They have my on Clear Liquids for 7 days then Full liquids and soft foods on the 3rd week 
gzimmerman1951
on 6/28/09 4:44 am - Cedar Hill, TX
I''m considering the procedure.  How has it been?  Still not feeling hungry???

Please tell me about this procedure:  [email protected]
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/17/08 4:17 am - Knoxville, TN
How is it going with you since your procedure ....I go in 6 days for mine ....everyone at the doc office seems soooo nice ... Cheryl
catbert
on 4/23/08 7:19 am - MN
Just got back from having the ROSE at the Cincinnati weight loss Center with Drs Mobley and Watkins.  Everyone there were AMAZING!!  I couldn't have asked for a better team. I have 2 anchos in my stoma and one in my pouch.  The pouch went from 5cm to 3cm and the stoma they reduced by 50% from 20cm to 10cm.  I'm drinking tomato soup, protein shakes, fruit/yougart smoothies (no seeds, pulp or big pieces of fruit), and flavored water.  The only pain I felt was a minor sore throat and minor tightness in my chest and neck.  Other than that I am doing great.
sholy
on 4/29/08 2:30 am - KY
I am having the ROSE procedure done on May 16th and am interested in hearing any updates you guys can provide. The liquid diet part scares me....! Since we are embarking on a new phase of this adventure maybe we can be a source of support and inspiration for each other? This regain has played havoc with my emotions ! I  worked so hard and was a good patient...but the regain has made me feel so bad about myself. The fear of total regain has me terrified. Donna
Most Active