The ROSE procedure

Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/23/08 12:29 pm - Knoxville, TN
I am coming to Georgetown on Tues for the Eval with Lisa ..and to get the H Pyloric test and then the Upper GI Series and the EGD is scheduled for the the 31st ....if everything is the way it looks then they will schedule my surgery with Dr Weiss ... I already had the EGD and Upper GI series but he wants to do it again to make sure the measurements are correct . How long after you had the EGD and stuff dd you get scheduled for the surgery? I am hopng to have it in April. How do you like Dr Weiss ....I havent met him yet ....but I have met Dr Malani and really liked him ..... Cheryl
jjudkins01
on 3/23/08 5:47 pm

It all went fairly quickly. I think it's been about a month now since I had t he EGD. Have you had your stress test and chest x-ray yet?

Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/25/08 11:09 am - Knoxville, TN
I had the Cardiology workup last year they said all I need to do Is to get a letter of clearance from the cardiologist ......when are you scheduled for the Surgery ...they said they are pretty sure my EGD will show te same thing as te one i had done here a month ago ...based on that I got an UNOFFICIAL acceptance.....an surgery will be 23rd or 24th of April ....
jjudkins01
on 3/26/08 5:59 am
Tomorrow is the big day for me. I'm a little nervous but mostly want to have it over with. April 23/24 will be here before you know it. Good luck. Jackie
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/26/08 6:03 am - Knoxville, TN
That is great ...I am sooo happy for you ...keep me updated on your progress .... I was in the Office yesterday for the Eval ... and met with Alissa ....gotta go for the EGD (Again had one here in TN) and UGIS on Monday at 6:15am ......They are doing some of the procedures on the 8th and 9th but those slots of filled ...so I have to wait til the 23/24.....GOOD LUCK tomorrow Cheryl
jjudkins01
on 3/27/08 10:02 am
Had the procedure today and they let me come home today. They told me that all 4 of us that was done yesterday and today got to go home on the same day. Other than a sore throat I feel about the same as I did before the ROSE, except I don't feel hundry.  Jackie
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/27/08 11:01 am - Knoxville, TN
Keep me updated on your progress ....I really want to lose 75 lbs but will settle for 60.... I always feel like I have this gnawing feeling and need to eat ...guess that is the way ya do when ya stoma and pouch is too big .... Glad you are home.... BTW ....I have met Dr Weiss yet ...how do you like him...?
jjudkins01
on 3/27/08 1:06 pm, edited 3/27/08 3:38 pm
I really like him.  He's more of the serious type with a kinda dry sense of humor. Really nice smile. I think you will like him. Jackie
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/28/08 12:48 am - Knoxville, TN
Cant wait to meet him ....Cheryl
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/7/08 11:22 am - Knoxville, TN
Hey girl Hows it going for you since the ROSE ....I am scheduled for my procedure on the 23rd.....cant wait ..I go and see the surgeons and the internal medicine doc and pre op something on the 15th and will have a chest X-Ray that day.....How is the weightloss so far ... Really curious about how others are doing with the procedure Cheryl
Most Active