The ROSE procedure

babybee6
on 3/28/08 11:32 am - Cincinnati, OH
I sent you a private message on here in case you didn't look. I know sometimes I forget and so have others. I'd love to hear from you. Brenda
catbert
on 5/6/08 6:00 am - MN
I'm hoping you can help shed some light on my situation with the ROSE
I had my ROSE procedure on April 22 out of the Cinncinati Weight Loss Center by Drs. Watkins and Mobley.  First week was full liquids.  Week 2 and 3 are soft foods.  I completed week 2 and starting week 3 of my soft food diet.
  At this stage, I must say I am HIGHLY disappointed.  I have not lost one pound and actually gained 1.5 pounds.  You may be asking how this can happen.  I am asking that as well.  I work out 4-5 times per week for 45-60 minutes.  Eating the soft foods slowly with no liquids before, during or after.  The difference is that I do not feel full at all.  I am able to eat the same amount as I did pre ROSE with the only difference being that the food is soft.
I am wondering if my stomach is stretchier or more elastic than what it looked like under the scope when they did the procedure.  They only put in 1 anchor in the pouch and 2 around the stoma.  I am still able to swallow 6-7 pills with zero issues. 
I emailed the docs today about my concerns over the elasticity of the pouch & stoma and that perhaps when they looked under the scope they didn't realize that the lining is actually stretchier than what appeared under the scope.  I'm not sure what is going on, but hopefully I 'll find out soon. 
I paid $14,000 out of my own pocket with the understanding that my pouch and stoma were being put back to where they were post gastric bypass I had 6 years ago.
momelrod
on 12/9/08 5:30 am
 i had the same results you did.mine was 3/7/08.i had one scope as a followup then never heard from dr watkins again-have you?michele elrod cincinnati,ohio
neworleansprincess
on 12/9/08 12:23 am - Metairie, LA
Michele,

What is your success with the ROSE?
momelrod
on 12/9/08 5:27 am
 not great.i lost 20lbs at first,but eventually gained it back.i have had no followup except for 1 scope 3 months out.no calls,no more scopes,no counseling or anything.i do not know if they are still doing it or not.i am just glad i did not spend much on it! michele
catbert
on 12/9/08 6:06 am - MN
I was not part of the study, so I paid out of pocket.  I would suggest you contact them.  YOu make the effort to call vs. waiting for them to call you.  If its not working or stopped you should go in.  I go in on Friday to have the re-do with the newly revised equipment.
momelrod
on 12/9/08 9:39 am
 do you have to pay another fee?are they going to put more clips in-to make your stomach smaller? thanks michele
mahmera
on 12/30/08 2:50 am
Hi  can you tell me how you qualify for the rose procedure and how does it work , what exactly do they do, I live in michigan 
gzimmerman1951
on 6/28/09 4:41 am - Cedar Hill, TX
what was it like?  Can you tell a difference?

Please forward:  [email protected]
jjudkins01
on 3/23/08 11:49 am
I am scheduled for Thursday, March 27th. I had the gastric bypass in 2000. I lost 80 pounds but gain 40 pounds back. I'm having my procedure in Georgetown, Ky. Dr. Weiss is going to be doing my procedure.
Most Active