The ROSE procedure

JeannieBVA1
on 3/18/08 11:05 am
I'm scheduled for the Rose procedure 4-15. Please give us some update as to what to exspect and about your experience. You are the first person that I know has actualy had the procedure done. Thanks, Jeannie
wigglypoo
on 3/18/08 11:14 am - Sturgis, MI
I have attempted to contact the person with the clinical trial for the ROSE procedure and she has et to get back to me.. I have sent 3 emails.. Anyone have any suggestions how to get a response? I was on the list for the Restore trial and it as cancelled prior to my first visit. There was a trial going on in Michigan and in Cincinnati, but I can't seem to get a call back. Any help ??? ANd-- good luck to those of you getting the procedure. Wigglypoo
JeannieBVA1
on 3/18/08 11:19 am
Wigglypoo, I'm having mine done in Virginia. Have you tried to leave a message for the Dr.?  I would be a ****** and tell them if you can get a Coordinator to call you back, then you need the Dr. to!!
specialwalnut
on 4/30/08 2:43 am - Bedford, VA
Jeannie, could you please tell me where in Virginia you will be having your Rose procedure done? I have been trying to find where to go and get the infomation . I am very interest in this. Thank you.
dferl
on 8/7/08 1:14 am
Saw your post and wondered who it was in Cincinnati that you were contacting for the study.  Any luck on it?
Dferl
momelrod
on 3/18/08 12:20 pm
you have general anesthesia.wake up-no pain,only a slight sore throat and a little hoarsness-no stomach pain or discomfort.full liquids for a week,then 2 weeks of soft diet.i get filled up quickly-nausea if you eat too much.i have lost 11 lbs the first 10 days. michele
babybee6
on 3/18/08 11:15 am - Cincinnati, OH
I'm scheduled for 4/4. Please let us know everything! Brenda
momelrod
on 3/18/08 12:23 pm
it was no worse then the egd-minor sore throat post-op,some hoarness.i have lost 11 lbs the first 10 days.you still get hungary but fill up fast.liquid diet for a week,then 2 weeks of soft food. michele
wigglypoo
on 3/18/08 12:41 pm - Sturgis, MI
Just an update, I just checked the clinical trials site and as of today,the 18th of March, they are No longer "recruiting" for the ROSE procedure. That doesn't mean they are not going to do it or that if you have already been accepted that you won't be done- just that the recruitment period is done for now. So, if I want the procedure, I can pay for it and hopefully, insurance may help for part of it.. Just an update. Guess that is why I haven't been called back.. Wigglypoo
katchal
on 3/28/08 10:13 am - Goodview, VA
Hi Michele, Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing?  I am going for my EGD next Wednesday to see if I will qualify for the Rose procedure.  Was there any costs associated with this procedure for you? Kathy
Most Active