The ROSE procedure

Susana T.
on 5/28/09 7:18 pm - IN
Hi there
  Just found this place.  Wow, I didnt know obesityhelp even had this info on Rose method.  I first heard of it at the Univ of Chicago by Dr. Alverdy about a year ago or so and they did not have much to say about it just that is was coming.  I see it is here and  me and my other RNY buddies are all interested in knowing more about it.  We have all gained much weight back.  So, have you had it yet?  If so how did it go?  thanks Susie
momelrod
on 3/18/08 12:14 pm
hi i had only a mild sore throat and some hoarsness for a few days.no pain or stomach discomfort at all.i was on liquids the first week-that was hard-i like salty and crunchy!now i am on soft.i eat a small amount and am really full.its boring but-hey-we want to lose the weight.i have lost 11 lbs the first 10 days-so hopefully i am on my way -again!i just hope this time i don't screw it up.i hear they are trying to start a rose support group-good idea....michele
singingrealtor
on 4/4/08 9:45 am

I am waiting for a date to have the stomafix, I was wondering as of today how much weight have you lost since your precedure? Thanks, Deb

Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/17/08 4:19 am - Knoxville, TN
How are you doing since your procedure .... I am gettin ready for mine and getting really nervous for some reason ...guess i am scared it wont work for me Cheryl
mkeeley
on 10/8/09 2:11 am
Hi Michelle, my name is Maryann, and I live in CT.  I am currently in the process of working with Brigham Women's in Boston with a Dr. Chris Thompson to have the Rose procedure.  I see you had yours done last year.  Can you share your full results?  My insurance will not pay, so I'm in the process of getting money together, and wanted to see what the results have been.

Thanks for any input you might have.
supareja
on 12/8/09 11:33 am - Lima, Peru
Hello! I underwent gastric sleeve surgery 3 years ago. Initially it was succesful and I lost 80 pounds, but I have since regained about 30 and feel like I need help. Does anyone know if gastric sleeve (vertical sleeve gastrectomy) patients are eligible for the Rose procedure or only gastric by-pass patients? Thank you very much. Susana.
katchal
on 4/7/08 10:41 am - Goodview, VA
Supergirl1976: Did you have the ROSE procedure and if so how are you doing?  It seems that I may be having this procedure done the end of this month and would like to see how you are doing?  You can email me privately if you rather not post: [email protected].  Thanks Kathy
Susana T.
on 5/28/09 7:22 pm - IN
Hi there
  Wondered if you had the rose procedure and how you are doing?  Do you have a place that posts your story?  
   I had RNY in Dec of 04 and am having a heck of a time maintaining my wt.  I plan on attending the obesity conference in June and hope to get some new info on whats new or what is the latest on everything.  I really wish you the best with your weight loss and I know it is a struggle to maintain your weight.  What ever you decide to do I really hope and pray the best for you.  Thanks Susie
dferl
on 8/7/08 1:59 am
Hi  I live in Cincinnati also.  How did your surgery go? Did you get the ROSE done or something else?  Who may I ask did your?
Thanks for the help
eviegal0827
on 8/30/10 6:57 am - MONTEREY PARK, CA
hello supergirl, please share with me your experince with the rose procedure. I would like to know if you were able to loose any weight, if so how much and was it painful. Can u email me at [email protected] thanks, God bless
Most Active