The ROSE procedure

dayjustyce
on 2/19/10 10:57 pm - Merced, CA
Thank you for the information. I am having an endoscopy on Friday (2/26) to see if I can have the ROSE procedure done. I had the RNY done in 2004 but gained 50 lbs so am looking into the revision.
baphoenix
on 2/20/10 7:36 am
 Good luck. I hope it works for you. I have lost 25 pounds, but I think it's because I'm following the eating plan so religiously.  I still feel really hungry and can eat quite abit.  I'm hoping it will help me lose another 25 pounds and then I'm back on track.  With only 2 anchors in, I'm not expecting too much.  The dr. put me on Phentermine to help cut my appetite, but that wasn't what I wanted.  I'm sort of disappointed in the procedure, cause I had such high hopes for it's success. At least it put me back on the correct eating path.  I had started eating way too much sugar and expecting to stay the same weight.  Guess we know where that leads.  Hope you get what you want.  The woman before me got 9 anchors and I'm sure she's doing great!
happygirl01
on 2/15/10 10:02 pm
I want the Rose procedure..I have gained some weight..do you have to gain it all back before they will do it..and does anyone know any good surgeons in the Ashland Ky area..thanks and have a great day..

Vicki
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/10 2:23 am - NJ
Revision on 07/23/14
          I just had the ROSE procedure on friday April 9th. I have been weighing myself daily, and I am down 5 lbs. so far. Today is the first day that I am really up and moving. I was extremely tired from the anesthetic, and has pretty bad gas pains in my neck and shoulders. As far as pain in the stomach, it was minimal. My pouch does let me know when it wants a little nourishment though.
          For the most part, I have stuck to clear liquids only. My diet progression says that I am allowed to have "things that will go through a straw" So I had a little bit of yogurt yesterday and very thin oatmeal this morning. I am hoping to lose another 30 lbs...I hope this procedure works, but most importantly I hope that I can work with it!! If anyone wantes to ask questions, feel free!
shalocvan
on 10/18/10 11:19 am - McDonough, GA
Please provide an update on your ROSE procedure.  I have begun the process; however, i am uncertain and since I am paying out of pocket I am considering some other procedures.  Did you continue to lose weight?  Was it worth the effort?  I have seen a doctor in Atlanta who does the ROSE and I am seeing a doctor in Dallas about the DS.  I appreciate any information that you are willing to share.
Sharon Locklear
slowej
on 9/22/12 1:28 pm - shawnee, OK
I need to find someone in oklahoma that performs the rose surgery. I need to be retightened badly. have gained 60 pounds.
tbone88
on 8/1/13 9:19 am - MO

how much does the Rose procedure cost out of pocket?

Chelseala2002
on 7/29/10 10:48 am - Toronto, Canada
I really wish this could be done in Canada can't afford to go across the pond again :(
RNY May 18 2004
Dr Genaw

Started at 315 went down to 145 slowly I go back up....needs to stop now.

Most Active