The ROSE procedure

htollerson
on 2/26/09 12:37 am

Hi there.  Yes, it is being offered in about five cities in the US.  I know that Drs. Barry Greene and Eric Pinnar with Advanced Weight Loss Solutions are performing the ROSE procedure in the Washington, D.C. area.  They also perform gastric band over gastric bypass depending on the patient.  Hope this helps and take care, Heather

NikiB
on 6/30/09 4:25 am
For anyone in the New Jersey area there will be a ROSE Procedure seminar on July 8th in Parsippany, NJ. Hosted by My Progam For Life for Dr. Nicholas Bertha, Dr. Alexander Abkin, and Dr. Vincent Iannace. The seminar is Free and you can register by calling 1-866-976-9735 or by going to MyProgramForLife.com.
When: Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 - 7:00 PM
Location: Holiday Inn of Parsippany, 707 Route 46 East, Parsippany, NJ 07054

odusanya
on 9/8/09 2:38 am - Lexington, KY
I am scheduled to have the ROSE procedure done tomorrow with Dr. Denk in Lexington KY.

I
tripletmomx4
on 9/19/09 12:57 am
Just curious as to how you are doing since having the ROSE?  Looking for feedback both positive and negative.

Thanks
odusanya
on 9/25/09 5:41 am - Lexington, KY
I am doing great! I had a very sore throat the day of surgery and some vomiting of old blood...I stayed in the hospital overnight per my insurance company  and have not experienced any problems since.

I had my surgery was 09/09 and as of 09/23/09, I have lost 19 pounds.

I hope to continue with the weight loss and should since my eating has reverted back to post-op gastric bypass.

So far...all positive!!!
pkelly1961
on 4/14/10 12:50 am
Greetings

My name is Patricia and I am scheduled to have the Rose procedure.  How did it go for you and how are doing now?

You can email via [email protected]

Thanks, Patricia
shalocvan
on 10/18/10 11:25 am - McDonough, GA
Please share your experience with the ROSE procedure.  It looks as if it has been more than a year, any information that you are willing to share will be greatly appreciated.  i began the process, am self pay, and am exploring some other options.  I want to make the best informed decision possible.  A doctor in Atlanta will perform the ROSE; however, I have an appointment in Dallas for the DS.  Thank you.
Sharon Locklear
happygirl01
on 2/15/10 10:42 pm
can you let me know how you did with your surgery..I would appreciate it..I am considering it but I read that most people are not happy with the loss with this procedure.....thank you..
baphoenix
on 1/18/10 8:26 am
 I just had the Rose procedure in Fresno, by Dr. Swartz and am one week post op. He was only able to get in 2 anchors-one in the stoma and one in the stomach, but my stomach started to swell and he had to get out of Dodge!!! Anyway-I am waiting to see if it has any effect on my weight.  I have lost 20 pounds so far, but it has nothing to do with the procedure.  I have been strict on my liquid diet pre-op and the liquid diet and puree diet post-op.  I see the Dr. tomorrow and will see if he has any more results for me.  The gal before me got 9 anchors in!!!! That's awesome. I can't help but think that would be good.  I am hoping to have good results.  I am determined to get off the 50 pounds I have slowly put on since my RNY in 1999.  I am approaching the half way point all on my own, so if need be, I must just go back to the fight.  Please pray for me that this will work.  I have spent my life fighting the fight and I just hate the thought of doing it again.  The procedure was painless-I woke with a black eye and fat lip, but I think it must have been due to the quick retreat.  No big deal.  Stayed overnight in the hospital and home the next day with only a slight sore throat.  They gave me Chloroseptic to spray for pain if needed, but I only used it twice.  Be happy to answer any questions-I'll keep you posted with my weight loss.  I 'm new to the web and not very savvy, so I hope I get this posted correctly.  Not sure how to check for responses, but I'll give it a go.  Good luck to any of you trying this out.  
mjane
on 1/18/10 3:06 pm
How did you like Dr. Swartz andhis Office, I'm thinking of having the revision surgery.  I've been reading a lot of negative...would like to hear more positives before doing it.
Most Active