The ROSE procedure

luckymomof4
on 2/26/08 2:40 am
Ahs anyone out there already has had the ROSE procedure?  I know it's new but just wondering?
Cheryl Gebbie
on 2/26/08 6:34 am - Knoxville, TN
Just wondering if you like Dr Weiss ...I am suppose to fill out some forms and fax them to him ....and go from there to see if I will be in the Trial for the Rose or just get a revision.  My insurance said they would cover if it was a medical neccessity Cheryl
Begol52
on 4/29/08 12:53 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi! Can you PLEASE let me know what "medical Necessity" means?   I desperately need this procedure! Beth  P.S.  Please write to me at [email protected] Thanks!
dferl
on 8/7/08 1:16 am
Hi Beth
did you get information on medically necessary.  I could use the advice if you did. Thanks
dferl
gzimmerman1951
on 6/28/09 4:38 am - Cedar Hill, TX
thought I noticed you had "rose" in April.

Please forward your progress to:  [email protected]
heidimac24
on 8/21/11 11:59 pm
Hi, I was wondering if your insurance covered the ROSE procedure and what insurance do you have?  Did the ROSE procedure work?

Thank
Heidi
Renee M.
on 2/26/08 11:21 am
I wish I could've :(  Oldham/Weiss scoped me the other day to see if I was a candidate... my stoma is huge (2.5 cm) but they have to wait until they have smaller tools or more experience with "small pouches" to fix me :(   If you have it, let me know how things go :)
Cheryl Gebbie
on 2/27/08 1:54 am - Knoxville, TN
I have to get their paper work filled out ..my printer isnt hooked up (DUMB BLONDE HERE FORGOT TO HOOK it up) then I have to get it fexed to Dr WEiss office ...just found out that my pouch is the size of my fist ....so I think it is at least 20-30 mm ...my Gastronoligist now wants to do a colonoscopy to make sure everything else looks ok since i am really going for the a revision one way or anther
luckymomof4
on 2/27/08 4:05 am
they told me that it has to be atleast 4cm or larger and the stoma has to be 1to 2 cm big in order to qualify...
Renee M.
on 2/27/08 7:32 am

Good luck w/ everything.  I don't know if you've met them out there, but I really like them.  I wish I would've had my original surgery with them...lol.  If the rose thing doesn't work, maybe your pouch is big enough to do a lap-band over.   Dr. Oldham (Weiss' partner or whatever) considered that w/ me, until he saw that my pouch was so small. :(  

Most Active