So Frustrated! NYC ROSE Study Now Closed

LaurenK
on 2/25/08 10:45 am - New York, NY
Urgh... after being shut out of the RESTORE study at Lenox Hill (Dr. Roslin) I tried to pursue the ROSE study at Mt. Sinai (Dr. Herron). I was all set to have an endoscopy tomorrow morning and after following up with the study coordinator today re: paperwork, she told me the ROSE study is now closed! They have everyone they need. This is so frustrating. I feel so annoyed b/c these clinical coordinators lead you on, without mentioning they are close to maxing out their number. I just spoke to the woman last week and she told me to set up endoscopy. I got an appointment within 1 week at gastroenterologist and now it's too late. Coordinator said Dr. Herron and his associate will be getting trained soon on Stomaphyx, but I doubt I'd ever be able to swing the cost of that. Is anyone else this frustrated? It seems like there are so many people in need of help and not enough solutions.
ice-cream
on 2/25/08 12:56 pm
how do you find out if there doing the rose procedure in your area. i hope they come up with sometingsoonsoall of canget thehelp we need.JUST KEEP TRYING.  that  what iam going to do.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 2/25/08 8:52 pm - Knoxville, TN
Well DANG ...I just talked to Angela last week had the upper GI Series done last week and the endoscopy is scheduled for tomorrow morning ...and she knew this ...and she didnt tell me it was closed .... said she was looking forward to meeting me and all ... and my insurance doesnt cover Weightloss surgery of any kind ..even a revision....and I have 2 insurance and it is an exclusion with both ad cant afford to pay for the surgery .... guess I am just crap out of luck ..... CHeryl
mipo1
on 2/29/08 2:31 pm - Lowell, MA
Keep your finger crossed, and say a prayer or two.  I was excluded from the Restore program in Boston because they were full also. Then out of the blue 4 weeks ago I was contacted and told they needed to fill 4 slots very quickly and were just going down their list of people who were turned away previously.  You have to just say yes to whatever times they give you for appointments and accomodate THEIR schedule times and dates. Just say yes to the first time they offer.  If you hem and haw about appointment times and days they will just move to the next name on the list .  My procedure is 3/4/08.  I hope you get a slot too.  
LaurenK
on 3/2/08 7:59 am - New York, NY
That's great, congrats! That gives the rest of us hope! If they call, I'll say yes, whenever, where ever! Thanks for your support!
Most Active