State of Arizona-UHC Revision

Deanne K.
on 2/24/08 8:46 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi All, I contacted UHC and I can't seem to get out of them the criteria for revision surgery.  Does anyone have any information on this?  All I get is that it is excludes except for medical necessity.  We all know that people are getting approved for initial surgery and they paid for mine in 2004.  I am just wondering wif anyone has gotten this information out of them.  They tell you to look at the policy book, but it tells you nothing but excluded etc. Thanks
skinny_cyndi
on 2/26/08 12:46 am - Mahwah, NJ
I have UHC and am going for a revision tomorrow. I know that the best I could get out of them is medical necessity, in other words the surgery has mechanically failed somehow and it is causing you health issues. I have staple line disruption, a streatched pouch, and had  stricture as well, 8 years postop. Because of the fistula I have an ulcer and severe abdominal pain and vomiting. But it may not have to be as bad. Go to your surgeon and talk to him or find one that will help you. Good luck!
Deanne K.
on 2/26/08 1:10 am - Tucson, AZ

Thanks, I see the Gastroenterologist tomorrow for the stomach pain.  Maybe he will figure out what the problems are and I can go from there.

Most Active