Sclerotherapy

Betsy C.
on 2/22/08 11:26 pm - Efland, NC
I saw this posted on another WLS forum and thought it would be of interest to people on this forum: "Here is a link you will want to read about enlarged stomas. The Dr. Baker they are talking about is in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and the procedure works by basically insulting the area around the stoma, causing it to rescar and return to original size. It is something else you might want to discuss with your Dr." http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/showthread.php?t=11066 I found this post quite interesting and informative on the subject of sclerotherapy, a subject about which I knew nothing until I read this.  If I weren't scheduled for the RESTORe procedure next week, I would be checking it out. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Renee M.
on 2/23/08 9:15 am
I didn't qualify for the ROSE procedure because my pouch was too small for the "tools" used...however, my stoma is 2.5cm (and 1.5cm is considered "large")  I wonder where I could find a list of Dr's who do the sclerotherapy thing.
darnell239
on 2/23/08 10:10 am - Columbia, SC
Nene, There is a Doctor in Ocala, FL who performs this procedure.  His name is Dr. Jawad.  You can find him under find a bariatric surgeons.  Look in the state of Florida and you will find his name and website.
goldilocksinnc
on 2/23/08 10:21 am - Jacksonville, NC
Hi, I live about an hour away from Wilmington in Jacksonville and I am considering revision.  Who is doing your RESTORe procedure?
Betsy C.
on 2/24/08 2:55 am - Efland, NC
It's being done in Baltimore, MD, but the RESTORe trial is no longer recruiting subjects. There is another similar trial that is recruiting, and when I called about it, I was told Charlotte is the closest location (which would also be not too far for you).  But since I'm already in the RESTORe trial I didn't pursue it.  The other trial is called "Endoscopic Stomach and Pouch Reduction in Patients With Weight Regain Following Roux-En-Y Bypass Surgery".  Go to http://clinicaltrials.gov/ and search on NCT00411489 (clinical trial identifier).  Call or email the contact person to find out the closest location to you. As far as the Sclerotherapy procedure, I would go on the Thinnertimes.com website I listed above and see if there is a contact person for that procedure.  I understand that procedure is covered by insurance. Good luck! Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

goldilocksinnc
on 2/24/08 6:56 am - Jacksonville, NC
Thanks for the info--good luck with your procedure!! Susan
Most Active