I AM PAYING CASH ANY IDEA???

ddam7
on 2/20/08 10:02 pm - crystal lake, IL
 I would like to have an extended proximal to distal already have RNY so not a huge surgery. Does anyone have any idea what  it might cost me? I am paying not insurance. Any idea would help I have no clue. Thanks for anybodys reply.
ShielaC.
on 2/20/08 10:32 pm
I have been reading your posts. Didn't you just have a Stomaphyx? Is it not working for you?
ddam7
on 2/20/08 10:57 pm - crystal lake, IL
Yes the stomaphxy is helping, but I would like to have more malabsorbtion of calories to help me forever.
ShielaC.
on 2/21/08 12:54 pm
Their is a doctor answering questions on here and i think he is same dr that did your stomaphx - maybe he can give you a deal LOL Curious - why do stomaphx 1st? why not go strait to revision?
jamiecatlady5
on 2/20/08 11:25 pm - UPSTATE, NY
Contrary to thinking this is not a simple procedure and maynot be easioy done. Revisions are risky due to adhesions etc and not always worth the risk/benefit in many surgeons minds. You may not be looking just at surgeon, hospital, anesthesia fee but if complications arise you could face huge medical bills. Consider starting by finding an experienced revision surgeon and getting a consult and they will best tell you prices or even if an option.
Jamie
Take Care,
Jamie Ellis RN MS NPP

100cm proximal Lap RNY 10/9/02 Dr. Singh Albany, NY
320(preop)/163(lowest)/185(current)  5'9'' (lost 45# before surgery)
Plastics 6/9/04 & 11/11/2005  Dr. King
www.albanyplasticsurgeons.com
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/jamiecatlady5/
"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections!"
ginau
on 2/21/08 9:41 am - mesa, AZ
I would suggest calling around ..  I have heard around $ 20,000  maybe les if a cash pay and the Dr does it at a  surgicenter,  also a cash pay will get done much quicker.  
mipo1
on 2/29/08 4:09 pm - Lowell, MA
In my humble opinion I would NOT have a surgery as big as a RNY or revision at a Surgi center. No matter how tempting the financial break is. These are NOT outpatient or 23/hour stay surgeries.  Actually Surgicenters don't have 23/h stays options (at least not in MA)  I don't think .  A few years back I heard the price of  $35,000 quoted for Inpatient RNY, but I do not believe that included anesthesia which is billed by the time factor of the operation.
maryza
on 2/23/08 12:43 pm - oakbrook, IL

ddam I think Dr Pleatman do revisions and his price are reasonabe for self pay patients give him a call and see what is the best for you  can click his add is in the side of the page

MARY 
The wings of an angel are always open to care for you

maryza
on 2/23/08 12:43 pm - oakbrook, IL
Melissa R.
on 3/5/08 12:14 pm - FL
VSG on 01/23/11 with
Dr Webb in J-ville is $20,000 for RNY.  That is for everything... Nut, Quack, hosp. fee and his fee (even ***   The only things that aren't included are labs or whatever preop that may be ordered prior to surgery.  Unless you can get them to code it for something other than for WLS.  I know that is what they are going to do for me so my ins. will cover that part atleast.  They aren't fibbing or commiting anything illegal they are using my comorbidies (sp) codes.

Most Active