in need of a stomaphyx

ice-cream
on 2/20/08 8:08 am
I saw dr.pleatman in bloomfield hills for a consulation for the stomaphyx.  I am definitly a canidiate but I DO NOT HAVE THE 5,000 he is charging for this procedure and he is definely about his money.  I have medicare and he said medicare does not have a code for this new procedure.  i would like to know if  anyone else have run into this problem and what they are doing about it.  do you think i should talk to someone at medicare or do anyone know of another surgeon who is doing this procedure that is reputable and take medicare.  PLEASE SERIOUS REPLYS ONLY 
pepsi98
on 2/20/08 5:58 pm - Norwich, CT
I had stomaphyx on Feb 1st and had to pay out of pocket.  This is an experimental procedure and insurance companies will not pay.  I had to pain $10,500.  I don't even think  there is a diagnosis code for this.  Good luck!
dmiles563
on 2/22/08 1:49 pm - Hercules, CA
Why were you a candidate for Stomaphyx.  How much weight have you lost since the procedure?  Who performed it?   Do you know what a stoma is ?
darnell239
on 2/20/08 7:29 pm - Columbia, SC
I've looked into this procedure also and insurance is not paying which means medicare will not pay either.  Dr. Pleatman is the cheapest surgeon around for this procedure.  Everyone else is charging between $9,000-$12,000 dollars.  You will either have to pay or seek a full revision that medicare may cover.
ice-cream
on 2/20/08 7:52 pm
are you going to have the procedure?   also do you know anything about the clinical trials and are they doing them in michigan.
darnell239
on 2/21/08 5:58 am - Columbia, SC
No, I am not having the procedure because I can't afford it.  I don't think there are any clinical trials for the stomaphx.
maryza
on 2/22/08 7:35 am, edited 2/22/08 7:37 am - oakbrook, IL
I'am plaming to have surgery with Dr Pleatman ,please don;t take me wrong  but why do you say that he is definly about the money? their some patient on tne VSG forum and they are happy with him and the surgery please I'am not flaming you I'am not that kind of person    I just want to choose  a good surgeon ,still in the searching .

MARY 
The wings of an angel are always open to care for you

Most Active