needing some help

missys_missing
on 2/19/08 2:12 am - bluffton, IN
hi i had my rny on 8-8 08 and i began weighing 255  now i weigh 145 well in november the did a scope i have ulcer 4 mm well as time goes by i get another scope jan 16 because im in severe pain and cant eat-the ulcer is now 10 mm well pain is constant another scope jan 31 ulcer is now 16 mm  well im in hosp 5 days because im now malnurished from not eating im put on a picc line tpn sent home i have another scope this thursday the dr said if its no better theres 2 choices a  reversal or a new pouch so what does all this mean? has anyone had to have any of this for a ulcer? im taking carafate  but its not helping much aparently? im really confused and could defintly use some advice!
luckycat1
on 2/19/08 10:31 am - Cincinnati, OH
((((hugs)))) oh my gosh I do not know what to say.  Why aren't they treating your ulcer with medication? I hope you feel better. MJ
missys_missing
on 2/19/08 12:46 pm - bluffton, IN
hi there im on carafate and prevacid but im not responding to the meds aparantly-i no im having a horrible time and im ready to do something the pain is very severe-
ginau
on 2/21/08 9:44 am - mesa, AZ
Missy you poor thing !  do they know what is causing the ulcers ?? I will say a prayer  ,, hang in there -they  will take good care of you !
sage61
on 2/22/08 8:22 am - TX
Missy, my prayers are with you. Have you tested positively for H-pylori? It's a bacteria that lives in your stomach and causes ulcers. I was treated for it 2 years ago. The treatment isn't a party, but I believe it's worth it. If that's the case, please know that future blood tests can give you a false positive for h-pylori. After you've been treated, you need to have a urease breath test to make sure it's gone. Good luck to you!
Most Active