Had Revision - 8 from goal weight!

Betsy C.
on 2/14/08 10:31 pm - Efland, NC
I love reading posts about success! Joyce - congrats on your 32lb loss in only 7 weeks.  You and I have about the same to lose (mine is around 40) so I'm hoping I get that type of results from my RESTORe procedure in 2 weeks.  Sue - good luck on your transition to "real" food.  With your level of committment, you'll do fine with the portion control.  Will be anxious to hear how it goes. Mary T - I was interested to read that you were bypassed only 40cm.  As an almost 5 year post-op, I've never really paid attention to how much I was bypassed, but your post made me look at my operative report.  Although I don't recall the surgeon ever mentioning whether I was proximal or distal (I'm not even sure I know where the breaking point is between the two), I was bypassed 75cm (is that proximal or distal?).   I also noticed my pouch was made 30 cc.  How does that compare to others?  Just curious. Anyway, keep up the great weightloss everyone!  You too Sandy! Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

kcmaryt
on 2/15/08 9:50 pm
Betsy - I think a proximal by-pass is somewhere between 50 - 150cm and is recommended for those with a BMI < 50 (mine was 54!)  So it looks like you had a proximal.  A distal is a limb 150 or greater and is recommended for those with a BMI >50.  (I hope I'm not giving out mis-info.!)  I can't seem to find the pouch size on my post-op report.  I do know that my husband had his gastric bypass 2 1/2 yrs ago (mine was almost 6 years ago) and his surgeon was trained by mine.  He told my husband that back then the pouches were left larger, and that he is making them smaller now.  So I guess I got the bigger pouch and the smaller bypass!  Here's hoping my stomaphyx  will help at least with my stomach size!!
JeannieBVA1
on 2/15/08 9:23 am
Joyce,  Thanks for the update...  Sounds like your almost there!!  Way to go!  Jeannie  VA
mjc123
on 2/15/08 10:05 am - Midlothian, VA
Yahoo!! Great Job!!

Revision Weight Loss Tracker  Mary  

Deanne K.
on 2/15/08 11:20 am - Tucson, AZ
Joyce, Way to go Girl!!!!!!    Skinny Minny?  Can't wait to see you.  Would love to get to chat with you again. You are such an inspiration.  I see the gastroguy in about 10 days.  Maybe I can come up sometime after that.  As you know my PCP wanted me to see the gastro guy before I see Dr. Schlesinger as he thinks that he will want the same tests, etc.  I was supposed to come to Phoenix today to go to SBC, but cancelled it.  I felt it was a waste of time, money until after I see the gastro doc.  I have an appointment at the end of March to come up to Phoenix.
ginau
on 2/15/08 4:12 pm - mesa, AZ
Deanne  You should  check out our other home on yahoo , Chandler wls - Joyce is heading up our spring fling and should be a great time !! Maybe  you can come up for the night ??  Joyce does look fabulous - Saw her other night at a support meeting! Let me know how gastro guy goes - Kathy at Schlesingers office submitted my paperwork  for revision -  if it works out - Think I want Joyce  to supervise Doc on  my next or visit - Since she has done so well !!
Deanne K.
on 2/16/08 9:01 am - Tucson, AZ
I filled out the paperwork to get my records.  I haven't received them yet.  I am curious to see some of them.  I will check out your yahoo site.  What insurance do you have?  It would be nice to meet more people.  I will have to see what date the party is and try and plan it?
ddam7
on 2/16/08 9:24 pm - crystal lake, IL
Joyce, do you know about how many calories you now eat? Dee
JRinAZ
on 2/17/08 4:34 am - Layton, UT
Dee, I have absolutely no idea how many calories I'm taking in right now.  I was tracking it the first 2 weeks out of my revision and was surprised that it was usually under 900 each day.  My doc (Dr. Schlesinger) told me to eat whatever I wanted as long as I still had some protein drinks.  He was more interested in the types of food that were upsetting my new system.  I've continued losing farely consistently (about 1 to 3 pounds per week after the first big drops).  So, I doubt I'll worry too much about counting for now.  I do however count my protein grams; trying to stay over 100 daily.  I count my water (trying to keep it on the high side).  I do NOT eat empty carbs.  I have added complex carbs back into my diet and have finally been able to enjoy fresh veggies!  Yay!  I haven't gone the way of sugar either.  I have had some natural sugars:  grapes, melon, strawberries, etc.  and seem to do fine now but I haven't just picked up a cookie and scarfed it down like I did before my revision.  I'm trying to make my choices HEALTHY without getting into my diet "counting" every bite mentality.  This extended Rny is definitely helping me balance my sanity with the food!!!! That was a long answer to your short question!  LOL!  Your lucky you didn't ask me in person....I'd still be chattering about it!!!!  ....  I think poor Dr. Schlesinger has become fearful of asking me "how are you today?"  I think he really wants to know and so I tell him more details than any one person should have to listen to!!!  Thing is, he really does want to know....he really does care!  Gotta love a Doc who checks on us! Let me know if you have any other questions......I'll try really hard to give you the "short" version!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Beachbumm
on 2/20/08 12:36 am - Someplace, LA
Lucky ducky!!!!!!!  I am going this afternoon to talk to a surgeon about my options. Lorri
Lorri
RNY 5/27/2002
249/119/160
Most Active