Had Revision - 8 from goal weight!

JRinAZ
on 2/14/08 9:07 am - Layton, UT
Hey all you Rny Revisions to Distal (or extended Rny) How are YOU????  How are you feeling? How's the weight loss?  How about popping back in to give us all an update? I"m 7 weeks post-op and have 8 pounds to my goal weight!!!!  I never thought I"d see these numbers again in MY lifetime!!!!  I"ve lost 32 pounds!  I entered my info into Fitday.com today and was so excited to see the little blue dot smack in the middle of the yellow HEALTHY weight zone!!!! Hang in there all you Revision hopefuls!  I'd been denied at least 3 times through 2 different surgeons and 2 different types of insurances.  It took a "medical" issue (and a GREAT Revision surgeon) to finally make it happen! ....hoping to hear from the rest of you!!!!         HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE         Joyce in AZ
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/08 11:28 am
OH MY GOODNESS JOYCE!!!!   Way to go on the weight loss!!  So many pounds in so short of a time too! What a great example you are for so many of us who are struggling with insurance issues and with what type of revision to persue.  No one revision is right for everyone, but I'm SO VERY GLAD you found the right one for you!     Thanks so much for updating and congratulations again on your success!!!
JRinAZ
on 2/14/08 12:39 pm - Layton, UT
Thanks Lullaby! I've missed seeing your posts lately?  Hope all is well? I hesitated to give my report since there are folks so desperate for their own lifeline and sometimes hearing that someone else is in the place they'd like to be might be soooo discouraging?  On the other hand....I figured that some who are feeling hopeless might fight a little harder knowing that someone else in the same boat was able to get revision covered. It's one of those moral dilemas in life.  I hope I didn't upset anyone and sincerely hope all of us can find the procedure that works for them.  .....  I'm quite sure that this rapid losing will have it's screeching halt someday soon and I'll be back to calorie focus.  It's definitely a lifetime commitment for all of us!!!! How are things for YOU?
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/08 1:15 pm
Oh everything is great here!  I just haven't had any new information to share so I've just been quiet!   I'm still adhering to eating properly and still losing...maybe 2 lbs a week now, but I'll take that!  I hope to hit goal in about 5-6 months-maybe less if I can start exercising.  Exercising for me has always been tougher than cutting back on eating.   I simply do not like it..lol.    Other than bypassing more of your intestines, did your surgeon do anything to your pouch?   Are you still restricted with food in regards to healing?
pepsi98
on 2/14/08 6:53 pm - Norwich, CT
HOORAY!!!!!!!!  Congratulations JoyceI'm sure the feeling is awesome and I know that I'll get there too!!   You're an inspiration to many and keep up the good work.  Thanks so much for all the help you've given me!!! Real food today...now time to do the real work of portion control. Sue
RiverQueen
on 2/14/08 8:39 pm - IA
Joyce~ How much more did they bypass?  I am currently trying to figure out what to do with myself.  I was orignally distal with 150 bypassed, so I don't think I would qualify with getting more bypassed.  Just curious if you knew your numbers.   I am over 4 years out of my RNY.  Thanks for any info!
kcmaryt
on 2/14/08 8:48 pm
Hi Joyce, First of all - congratulations on your weight loss!  How exciting!  I hope your recovery and adjustment to to distal is going well! My name is Mary Tyler - I'm not a RNY to Distal - or extended RNY - but I just had a stomaphyx yesterday here in Phoenix (I flew in from Kansas City), so I thought I'd give you a quick hello.  I have my post-op appointment today at II:00, and fly back tomorrow.  I think I remember a post in which you mentioned working in the same building as Dr. Schlesinger.(?) Since I started researching about revisions, I've been reading the forums and have read several by you that have been insightful,  informative, and encouraging - so I thought I'd let you know, and say - "Thanks!"  Although I've never written on the site, I've kept up with the revision forums so much - I feel like I almost know some of the people! I have 44 lbs. to lose to get to where I was after my gastric bypass 6yrs. ago - and I'd be extremely happy to be there again.  I never quite set a goal weight, but another 10 lbs. after that would probably do it!  I'm hoping my stomaphyx will be the tool that will eventually help me to get there, and I'm staying positive about that!  It is encouraging, however,  that there are still other options for success open to me should I need them down the road. (Although my original Dr. had told me he had performed a distal bypass on me, Dr. Schlesinger said that the post-operative report clearly showed I had a very, very proximal by-pass!  40cm!  Talk about feeling a little betrayed....!) Anyway, may you have continued health and success, and once agin, thanks for your encouraging and informative posts! Mary T. (kcmaryt)
pepsi98
on 2/16/08 4:44 am - Norwich, CT
Hi Mary,   My name is Sue and I had Stomaphyx in Boston on Feb 1st, so I am also on the journey!  Are you on a liquid diet?  I was on creamed soups, pudding et****il yesterday when I finally was able to eat real food.  I'm finding with my stomaphyx that it is a reminder when I've eaten too much (although not TOO much).  I try to stop eating when I feel satisfied and I try hard not to graze, which was my downfall.  I have much more than 40lbs to lose, (more like 100lbs) but I believe that with diligience I can achhieve that goal.  Tell me about your stomaphyx experience!!!!  I'm dying to hear how others are doing, since not too many have had it. Sue
kcmaryt
on 2/16/08 9:23 pm
Hi Sue,    Yes, I'm on a full liquid diet.  I've been on clear liquids since the 13th and get to add creamed soups, yogurt, etc. today.  I'll be on full liquids for 3 more weeks, then a week of soft foods before I get to eat "real" foods.  So far, there isn't much to report on my Stomaphyx experience.  I felt pretty lousy when I first woke up from anesthesia, but after a three hour nap I felt good enough to go out with my husband and have some broth from a cup of french onion soup!  I had a sore throat, nothing unbearable, and my stomach has felt a little sore and kind of "brick-like".  I'm interested in hearing more about what you meant about your stomaphyx being a reminder - but not TOO much.  Were you refering to not eating too much, or the stomaphyx not being too much of a reminder?  From the posts I've read, it leaves me feeling a little concerned - experiences ranging from no restriction at all - to only slight restriction.  Are you feeling happy with your restriction?  Do you know how many rows of fasteners your Dr. put in?  I'd be happy to keep you updated on my stomaphyx experience. (I 've read your posts!)  What's your weight loss so far?  Sounds like your determined and staying positive - good luck! ~Mary
pepsi98
on 2/17/08 6:43 am - Norwich, CT

Hi Mary,   I had stomaphyx on Feb 1st and I think I've lost about 15 lbs.  My stomach was also sore after the procedure, but by the time we got on the train to go home, I was fine. I also had a little sore throat, but not bad at all.  I think that when I said "Not TOO much" I meant that I don't eat too much so as to blow my pleats out...I am mindful of not putting too much in my stomach at one time.  I really think this was the right thing for me...this is a 2nd chance for me and I am embracing it, because it is not often that one gets a 2nd chance to do something again.  Do I think the restriction is the same as with the gastric bypass?? Not by a long shot!!  The difference though is that when you choose Stomaphyx, you're much more realistic and I find much more careful not to ruin this wonderful chance to do it right.  I'm really not sure how much I can actually eat simply because I'm not willing to test it out.  I just try to live by the rule to listen to my body and stop when I feel satisfied.   My doctor put 8 rows in me and actually told me that it was hard to see the opening after he was done.  I think he put 20 in the girl ahead of me, but of course it's all relevant to each individual.  How many did you get?  Do you get full with the cream soups?  How much soup are you eating?  Any egg beaters or cottage cheese?  What is you typical day like?

My email is" [email protected] me anytime and we can keep in touch!!

Sue

Most Active