dr. appt today said i need a revision

nicole1026
on 2/14/08 4:33 am - sayreville, NJ
hey i just came from my surgeons he said i def need a revison..  my pouch is totally stretched and i can eat more than some people that never had the surgery ever.. prob is im 5'7 200 and my bmi is 31.. he said he would do the revison on me im a good candidate but insurance denied it.. i have to have bmi 35 with co morbids.. im at 31 with a list of co morbidities.. now what/???
Sammie35
on 2/14/08 10:20 am - MN
I'm ;looking for a  doctor to do a revision.  I gained my weight back and the docs say there's nothing they can do. I'm looking for another opinion. ANyways, have you appealed it??
nicole1026
on 2/14/08 11:32 am - sayreville, NJ
i have not tried an apeal yet the doctor that will do my surgery is out of network and costs an upront fee of 4.400 which i dont have, so i need to find another surgeon they will do a lab  band over rny as my revision because i dont qualify for distal rny or ds surgery. have u done a revison
nicole1026
on 2/14/08 11:40 am - sayreville, NJ

HEY HOW U DOING , I DID NOT DO AN APPEAL YET.. IM NOT BEING REALLY AGGRESIVE ABOUT IT BECAUSE IM IN SCHOOL AND I WORK RIGHT NOW SO TAKING OFF WORK IS A PROBLEM  AT THE MOMENT.. HE MADE ME DO THE COTTAGE CHEESE TEST IN HIS OFFICE I ATE 15 OUNCES OF IT WITH NO PROBLEM AT ALL HE WAS LIKE WOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO TLERATE MAX 8-9 OUNCES.. HAD UPPER GI MY FOOD DOSENT STAY IN ANY LONGER THAN 5-7 MINS.. EGD SHOWS ENLARGED STOMA AND POUCH.. I ONLY LOST 30 POUNDS SINCE MY SURGERY.. SO I NEED TO FIND A NEW SURGEON BECAUSE I CHANGED INSURANCE MY SURGEON CANT OPERATE ON ME HE IS NOT IN NETWORK AND COSTS AN UPFRONT FEE OF 4.500 WHICH I WILL NOT HAVE ANY TIME SOON.. BUT I DONT KNOW IF ANOTHER SURGEON WILL DO A REVISION FOR ME. MY SURGEON THAT DID MY RNY SAY HE WILL REVISE IT TO EITHER DITAL RNY AND TIGHTEN POUCH OR LAB BAND OVER RNY OR HE SUGGESTED STOMAPHYX BUT THE 3 PEOPLE I KNOW THAT HAD IT DONE WERE ONLY REALLY ACTULLY RESTRICTED THE FIRDT FEW WEEKS THEN BACK TO NORM, WHAT A WASTE OF 10,000. WHY CANT U HAVE A REVISION? U HAVE HAVE A DS OR A LABBAND OVER OR THEY CAN TIGHTEN POUCH AND TAKE OUT A COIPLE MORE FEET INTESTINES FOR MORE MAL ABSORPTION...    IN THE MEAN TIME IM JUST GOING TO ACTUALLY HAVE TO DIET FOR THE NEXT 9 MONTHS AND SEE IF I CAN LOOSE THE WEIGHT UNTIL IM DONE WITH SCHOOL AND CAN TAKE THE TIME OFF TO REVISE.. BEST OF LUCK KEEP ME POSTED

Just Valena
on 2/15/08 1:19 am - Nunyabizness
Do they know if this has something to do with your original surgery being done incorrectly?

Gus H.
on 2/17/08 12:19 pm - La Puente, CA
You had your RNY in 2006 and it already stretched out? How does that happen? What do you think you did to do that so soon? Or perhaps it was not you but it's mother nature?
nicole1026
on 2/18/08 6:27 am - sayreville, NJ

i really dont think it was me ever since the reg diet stage i was able to tolerate a cup full of food almost 3 months out of surgery i never threw up so its not like i ate till i was dying in pain.. i ate till i felt full now 2 years out i can eat any thing.. i stop to stop cause i see my delf gaining like crazy but im still left unfull and unsatisfied..  i go back thursday again to meet with him and a new nut.. so will see i really dont want to go under the knive again but all my comorbities are back plus a new one.. so i really dont know.. i wish i knew

grandsonx2
on 2/18/08 9:10 pm - TN
Hey Nicole, I know how you feel! I had my RNY back in o4, and was able to get a lot down also! I am looking into having the band put over  my bypass, I feel this would be good because they fill the band with saline and they can make you feel full, I know it takes a few fills to get to that point, but I am one that needs to feel full after I eat!   my best friend had the band put on (but she never at gastric bypass first) and she hasn't had any fills since her surgery 8wks ago, and still feels restricted, she has lost over 30 lbs without a fill,  I live in Tennessee and I have found no doctor here that has done it, so I am trying to go out of state, my biggest problem is trying to get the insurance to approve a revision!  I want this so bad and feel this is what will work for me! I know you don't want to go under the knife again, but are you happy the way you are now? I know I am not, and if I can get this approved, I am going to make this work!   I wish you the best in what ever you decide                                        Good Luck!!
Most Active