Is Gastric Failure common?

GrannyGinger
on 2/13/08 12:20 pm - Hinesville, GA
I had a Gastric Bypass in 2000. I did lose approx. 75 lbs. I have since regained.  I am disgusted that I allowed this to happen.  I need to point out the weight gain began within 18 months of my bypass. I feel as if I put myself and my family through a nightmare for nothing.  But I still am not ready to give up.  Unless I find that I am in fact one of a very few that has failed. Then I will accept that It is me and not  a combination of the sugery failure and me.
GrannyGinger
on 2/13/08 9:11 pm - Hinesville, GA
Okay I read the Post By the Doctor in Az. I feel better. But now I need to see where to go from here. Forgive my asking a question that was so well answered already. I am trying to learn to navigate your forum.
Strawberry2
on 2/16/08 8:13 am
you cant start by seeing your surgeon/ physician and asking for either GI Series or an endoscopy to see if in fact there is something wrong with stoma or pouch- and then take it from there I just took the first step and reaching out to m y surgeon - hope this helps- Jo
darnell239
on 2/13/08 9:58 pm - Columbia, SC
You are not a failure.  I also had surgery in 2000 and lost about 80 lbs.  After about 18 months I started regaining also and it was down hill from there.  Don't beat yourself up.  It happens to the best of us.
Sammie35
on 2/14/08 10:23 am - MN
You are not a failure. I had it in 1998. Started at 349 got down to 210, and with in 3 years was back up to 329. It cames back on so fast and easy. It was like overnight. I have been beating myself up for years until I got on these website and seen I'm not the only. I'm looking to do a revision>. I need a doc and insurance approval. Wish me  luck, and you are not the only. I feel your pain everyday.
GrannyGinger
on 2/14/08 10:26 am - Hinesville, GA
Thank You, It is comforting to see it is not just me. But I wi**** were none of us.
Most Active