ABC's of Revision II Rny weight regain

JRinAZ
on 2/26/08 9:59 pm - Layton, UT

Sue, I work for a Plastic Surgeon and have had a Revision as well.  This is the REVISION forum.  I think I"m as entitled to speak on here as anyone!!!  I guess that blows your point of me having a conflict of interest, right?  ....  Like that statement, maybe many of your blanket statements are without much research but more opinion?  Opinions are great and I'll be the first to admit that "I" always have one.  Just stating opinions as fact on this forum is crossing the line. You said,  "once ANY procedure is a failure...why would anyone want to go do it again? "  ...  People have brains!  People do research!  People have freedom of choice!  People are advised by their MEDICAL experts!!!  .....  then they make an intelligent decision that makes the most sense for THEM! BTW-  I do facilitate a support group!  I've been doing it for about 5 years.  It's a group I helped organize that is for everyone from every program, who have had any type of surgery.  It is peer faclitated and is free to all.  There are no program fees or hidden agendas.  We rotate the duties and get along fabulously!!!  ..... In fact, we are having our annual AZ WLS Spring Fling 08 on March 29th and ALL are invited!  It's WLS friendly potluck and $5.00 to help cover the D.J. and door prizes.  We even have DS'ers!  (gasp!)  and they usually bring dessert!  *wink, wink* Have a nice day Sue!

Ms. Cal Culator
on 2/26/08 11:25 pm - Tuvalu
Yes, people have brains...but they are depressed and feel like failures and then they go to doctors who can only provide more of the same because that's all they have to sell.  If you have a surgery that was performed incorrectly and it needs to be corrected, that's one thing.  But if you have a surgery that so many are dealing with--that is, if weight gain is TYPICAL--why would people NOT look for a surgery that doesn't have THAT little bonus?  About the conflict...you were originally identified to me as someone who worked for or with a  particular bariatric surgeon.  If that was as faulty as the info you were handing out about "health issues" and the DS, I apologize for spreading that rumor any further.  But I wonder why so many think of you as having been at least tangentally involved financially with a particular bariatric surgeon?  Hmmm..March 29th in Chandler?  I have an RV and family to visit in Casa Grande, Florence and the Tucson area.  (Sadly, my Chandler relatives died decades ago.)  That WAS an invitation, right? Sue
JRinAZ
on 2/27/08 5:19 am - Layton, UT

....your statement:   "About the conflict...you were originally identified to me as someone who worked for or with a  particular bariatric surgeon.  If that was as faulty as the info you were handing out about "health issues" and the DS, I apologize for spreading that rumor any further" Apology accepted!  As for  faulty info re:the DS?  Even if I cut and pasted phrases from some DS surgeon's website you'd still have a matching phrase.  LOL!  It is what it is.  My point has always been to show respect to people and their choices.  Here's me:  I  worked for  Dr. Terry Simpson (used to do DS only and is highly respected amongst the oldtimer DS'ers;  now only does Lapbands.)  He's a fantastic doc but I haven't worked for him in more than a year and a half.  - Only does Lapband over Rny as a revision. Worked for Dr. Juarez and Dr. Fang of Bridges for a couple of years before that......was pre-op education advocate and still do some volunteer work for them on occassion.  They are also fantastic docs but don't really "encourage" any revisions unless medically necessary? My revision surgeon is Dr. Eric Schlesinger.  I don't work for him but I do push him as a fantastic surgeon.....just like many other's do of their own surgeon's!!!!  ... Not unlike those on the DS forum!  I went with him because of his philosphy of "individualizing revision options", his experience and his many positive patient reviews on O.H. Do you ask for everyone's resumme if they post something contrary or am I a special target?  Maybe you work for a DS Surgeon?  Get a discount for sending referrals?  Maybe you haven't researched the success of anything other than the DS?  .... Never mind the question marks there......I am really not wanting you to answer.  What you do for a living is your business. And yes, in spite of this difference of opinion; I would welcome you to the AZ Spring Fling and would hope that you enjoyed yourself tremendously while here!  .....  Having you pull up in your R.V. just made me smile!  ....You would feel comfortable with the gathering because we all congratulate one another on our success and encourage those who need some cheering.  Let me know how many will be in your party and I'll send out your potluck assignment :)    

Most Active