ROSE procedure

smile750
on 2/12/08 10:50 pm - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi Cheryl, I can't imagine it would be difficult for them to measure - I think it's a fairly common procedure and very quick.  The upper GI takes a while because of all the different views they have to x-ray and all the barium you have to drink - wasn't awful at all by the way - just thick After the the upper GI, the doc can tell you if the stoma looks larger than normal (for a gastric bypass patient).  They can also see if there's any leakage in the staple lines (I didn't have any). After my upper GI - he basically said because the stoma was enlarged, stuff passed through much quicker which is why I don't have a "full" feeling for very long. Good luck! Jen
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/27/08 5:10 am - Knoxville, TN
H iJen ... I didnt make it to NY for the ROSE ...but am gettin another EGD and Upper GI Series on Monday in KY ...and have UNOFFICIALLY been accepted in their trial ....will be official when I get the EGD and UGIS done on M onday ...already had it done here in TN ....but tey need to do it there for the Trial to be correct. Once this is done and everything my test shows is proven correct my surgery will be on April 23 or 24th Cheryl
smile750
on 3/27/08 6:14 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi Cheryl, As you probably are aware, they canceled the study in NY (about 4 days after my endoscopy).  They have been eager for me to see the Dr. though to talk about revision surgery.  Not ready for that yet but was willing for this non-evasive procedure. Let me know how it goes!  Maybe I'll take a trip out to Kentucky! Jen
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/27/08 7:11 am - Knoxville, TN
I didnt know that ....then I am glad I talked to the people here ....I wonder why they cancelled it ..that is weird ....I know Cincinatti and Richmond VA are both doing the Study also ....Good Luck and I will keep you informed as to what is going on Cheryl
momelrod
on 3/18/08 7:14 am
hi-i was the first cincinnati person to have the rose procedure done by dr watkins,on 3/7/08.all went smoothly and i have lost 11 lbs in 10 days.any questions or discussion please contact me. michele
reenieb
on 3/27/08 11:50 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi Michele, how are you feeling? I sure have questions as I am scheduled for an endoscopy procedure by Dr. Thompson next month; all I know for certain is that he intends to reduce the opening of my stoma, but I don't know if he's going to do anything to my pouch. Did you have both your stoma opening and your pouch reduced in size? Has the procedure been successful for you so far? How uncomfortable were you after the procedure and for how long? Do you think this is going to work for you and really reverse the weight regain? Thanks, any light you can shed on this for me is greatly apprecated! Maureen
sandistorms
on 3/30/09 6:19 am
On March 28, 2008 at 6:50 AM Pacific Time, reenieb wrote:
Hi Michele, how are you feeling? I sure have questions as I am scheduled for an endoscopy procedure by Dr. Thompson next month; all I know for certain is that he intends to reduce the opening of my stoma, but I don't know if he's going to do anything to my pouch. Did you have both your stoma opening and your pouch reduced in size? Has the procedure been successful for you so far? How uncomfortable were you after the procedure and for how long? Do you think this is going to work for you and really reverse the weight regain? Thanks, any light you can shed on this for me is greatly apprecated! Maureen
Dr. Thompson is full of it. He may give you an endoscopy but he won't tell you that he isn't doing the procedure because the hospital doesn't have the equipment.

If this is Dr Thompson in Boston at Brigham.
momelrod
on 3/30/09 12:49 pm
i had one of the first rose procedures done.unfortunetly,since i was in the pilot program,i have had little follow-up.i have not kept the weight off.i returned to work 2 days later-no pain or discomfort.both my stoma and pouch were reduced,but i think they have stretched.luckily i did not have to pay for the procedure.i do noy know if it has a better success rate since i had it done or not. michele
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/1/08 12:52 am - Knoxville, TN
Michele ... How are you doing since your procedure ...I am going to be having mine on the 23rd of April and am really nervous but excited also .... How long were you out of work ...I am a CNA in a nursing home so not sure how long I will need to take off... Cheryl
momelrod
on 4/1/08 9:40 am
cheryl-i am doing fine.i have lost 15 lbs the first month.i am exercising so i hope some is turning to muscle.i thought i would lose more initially,since i have made such drastic diet changes-no pop,no fast foods,etc.you still have to really watch nibbling,et taking little frequent bites of "bad"foods.i am a rn.i had my procedure on a friday.i could have gone back to work sat but took the weekend off to get my diet together-full liquids for a week-what to eat,what can i pack for work,that sort of stuff.keep in touch michele
Most Active