Question about Revisions/Clinical Trials

Betsy C.
on 2/4/08 9:43 pm - Efland, NC
I read many times on this forum that people don't lose as fast with a revision, with StomaphyX, or when participating in one of the clinical trials.  Does anyone know why that is?  You're essentially on the same type of diet as post-gastric bypass, so why wouldn't you lose as fast, at least initially?  Just curious... Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/08 10:58 pm
Betsy- I think one of the reasons we don't lose as quickly is because we don't have the malabsorption working for us as much .  After a few years out from initial WLS your body starts to become more efficient and fights the weight loss.  That's why we all have that "honeymoon period" for about 18 months after WLS where we feel we can eat almost anything and still continue to lose weight.  Ahhhh memories..LOL. 
ginau
on 2/5/08 8:25 am - mesa, AZ
Yep ~    i believe the more intestine you bypass the  more loss you will have, I was readin in an old OH magazine  ther is another procedure to reduce the stoma - I wonder if they can do that procedure the same time they bypass more intestine to give you back the restriction and eat less ??
Most Active