Stomaphyx day 3

pepsi98
on 2/3/08 7:02 am - Norwich, CT
Well, I am continuing to do well.  Pretty tired though, so I'm really glad it was done on a Friday so I could rest over the weekend.  I am also anemic so I should expect to be tired.  Since I found protein powder to add to my soup etc, etc, I am happy about that.  The only thing I don't like about the soup is the fact that there is so much sodium in it.  Does anyone have any suggestions for what other things I could have within the realms of a full liquid diet? Am I happy??  Yes!!!  I finally have something to help me, and not let me down.
Betsy C.
on 2/3/08 8:44 am - Efland, NC
Congratulations on day 3!  What type of soup are you eating?  There are some pretty decent low sodium soups and broth/stock on the shelves.  I remember when I had my initial GB, instead of eating plain chicken broth, I used to take Campbells Chicken Noodle and put it in the blender and puree it really good.  It had so much more flavor than plain broth.  Now you can get them in low sodium.  You might try that.  Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

pepsi98
on 2/3/08 6:54 pm - Norwich, CT
Thanks Betsy...he only mentioned cream soups so that's what I've stuck with.  I'll have to call the office and check it out.  I 'm going to work today and I feel pretty good.  Woke up with sore throat again. I think I felt a little "full" after I had soup last night, which is pretty exciting.  Don't  know for sure though, but I will with time. I have an appointment on Friday so I'll see him as well as the dietician.
babybee6
on 2/3/08 10:59 am - Cincinnati, OH
Thank you so much for the updates. I want to know everything.
S Andrews
on 2/4/08 8:14 am - eatonville, WA
I'm so glad this is working so well for you. Please keep us posted on everything. Do you have  a Trader Joes or a health food store close to you? They often have soups that are lower in sodium and they may have some super food drinks like the Odwella that are full of nutrients- you just have to watch the calories and the sugar even tho they are all natural.  Have you tried using Unjury protein powder or protein powder from Jay Robb? They both have excellent protein powders. Just remember when adding them to your soups that your soup can't be too hot or you will lose some of the nutritional value of the protein. I think it has to be less than 120 degrees but am not 100% sure on the number. I'll be thinking of you! Wishing you great success Sharon A
pepsi98
on 2/4/08 8:34 am - Norwich, CT
Thanks Sharon.  I didn't go to work today...felt like crap!  I'm wondering if I had a touch of the flu...headache, fever, body aches wtc.  I hope and pray that I feel good tomorrow.  Also had a wicked sore throat.  Didn't eat much...soft boiled egg and some lentil soup.  Still don't feel any restriction with soups so I hope that"s 'normal!!!
Betsy C.
on 2/4/08 9:48 pm - Efland, NC
Did you perhaps go off caffeine cold turkey for the procedure?  That could account for feeling like crap.  My RESTORe procedure is not until 2/28, but I decided to wean off caffeine ahead of time and get all the withdrawal symptoms out of the way now.  Boy have I felt like crap for about 5 days, but I'm just starting to come out of it and feel okay.  Whew... Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

pepsi98
on 2/5/08 7:49 am - Norwich, CT
Actually no, I did not go off of coffee.  I am still having my coffee.  I think though that I am retaining fluid from the sodium.  YIKES...what if I go to the MD this Friday and GAIN???!!
Betsy C.
on 2/5/08 9:22 am - Efland, NC
Hmmm... How soon after your procedure did you go back on coffee?  Immediately?  My instructions (of course I'm in the RESTORe study, not StomaphyX) say no caffeine.  I knew I would have horrendous withdrawal symptoms so I wanted to get that out of the way before the procedure.  Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

pepsi98
on 2/5/08 9:30 am - Norwich, CT
I asked the MD in the Recovery Room ifI could have coffee and he said "Yes", so I never had to go off it at all.  I just posted a new post on the forum "Stomaphyx day 4" so you may want to read that.  It would be HORRIBLE to go on Friday and gain!!  I still don't think I've got the hang of these smiley faces!!
Most Active