Stomaphyx Today

pepsi98
on 2/2/08 12:03 am - Norwich, CT
Thank you for that...I really have a need to "normalize" my experience.  We had different procedures but with the same goal so hearing that you didn't feel restriction while on liquids makes me feel better.  I am very reluctant   (and hope that continues) to "try the new opening out" just to see how much restriction I actually have, but I will wait patiently and have the attitude that the tool is only part of it...99% of this is actually changing my mind I also feel satisfied with the protein shake...not full, but not hungry either.  How long were you on liquids, and did you feel restriction as soon as you ate for the first time?  Were you afraid to start eatiing agin for fear of 'blowing all the stitches out? Thanks Lullaby...you're awesome! Sue
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/08 1:20 am
I was on liquids for a total of 16 days after the procedure.  My first soft foods day was Thanksgiving...LOL.  I was very very careful and didn't feel restriction right away because I didn't even take it to that point.  My portions were less food than my 18 month old ate.  I knew something was different and I can't explain it but I just knew I had the procedure done.  I was very compliant the whole 6 week healing process even though I felt fine, I knew the stitches could still come out.  I'm still careful and chew my food much more often than I did before. 
katchal
on 2/1/08 9:59 pm - Goodview, VA
I contacted Dr. Schweitzer from John Hopkins to have a consultation for Stomaphyx and was told that the procedure would only cost me 2,000.00 and that was because he wasn't a participicant of my insurance, blue cross blue shield.  I was told that all of the hospital costs would be covered.  I am not sure how this can be done but will ask when I go to my appointment on Monday.  Kathy
babybee6
on 2/2/08 5:50 am - Cincinnati, OH
Kathy, I am glad you are pursuing other things since we didn't get into the RESTORe study. I e-mailed about the ROSE study and was referred to a doctor very close to me (Cincinnati area) but haven't heard anything. At least not about a study. The doctor near me and one in Florida are the only two docs in the country doing this procedure (not as part of a study). I think. I'm confused. Anyway, I know it has to be paid for and it is so new I'm not sure insurance companies are paying for it. I am going to a seminar on the 18th so hopefully I will learn more. Another problem I have is my husband is changing jobs in two weeks so my insurance will be changing so who knows...At least it looks like a lot is being done on our behalf and eventually, we'll be able to lose our weight one way or another. Hope springs eternal. Brenda
darnell239
on 2/14/08 10:17 am - Columbia, SC
ballerina2
on 5/17/08 5:49 am

I've been researching THE CASH Prices for The Stomaphyx...  Most insurances do not cover this... I've seen the Cash Price as low at 5,000 and as high as 10,500...  It pays to shop around.... Gina

mandyjewell
on 2/2/08 8:00 am
Hi Sue, I'm so glad to hear everything went well!  I don't know from personal experience, but I would think that you should not be feeling restriction by sipping.  I think that's the point of the sipping, that you can't take in a whole lot at once so you have to take it in slowly, over a long period. Anyhow, just take it easy and sip, sip, sip and I will see you later this week. Amanda 

pepsi98
on 2/2/08 8:16 am - Norwich, CT

Thanks Amanda, I will be sooo interested in finding out how much I lose this week, especially since I plan on going to the gym every day before work and hopefull that will become a habit.  Dr. Pino gave me a treatment plan for exercize geared to me exclusively which I think is awesome!  Jen was absent this week...I hope she's ok. See you on Thursday!!! Sue

ballerina2
on 5/31/08 1:28 am
That's 2000 after insurance?  Can't be 2000 total for the entire procedure... Can it?
Most Active