RESTORe, this is what I found out.

Betsy C.
on 1/30/08 10:17 am - Efland, NC
You got the call that you're IN the study or that you didn't get in?

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

babybee6
on 1/30/08 10:47 am - Cincinnati, OH
I'm not in. My testing was scheduled for next Thursday. I'm very disappointed and I don't know whether to wait and see if they start a new study or just make up my mind about a revision. I need to do something.
Betsy C.
on 1/30/08 7:00 pm - Efland, NC
Babybee - I'm so sorry you didn't get in.  I would have opted for a revision but my BMI wasn't high enough.  I'm liking what I'm hearing about the new device, but the wait...  Who knows how long that will be.  Don't give up though. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

POOBEAR
on 2/1/08 3:54 am - Cahokia, IL
Hi everyone. I was one of the first 5 lead ins for the St. Louis Restore procedure and I had it done Dec. 6th. I went in this Wed. for my six week endoscope and the procedure did fail I was patient number three patient number two failed also. The doctor and coordinator both told me they closed the trial nation wide because of all the failures. My stoma is still the same size it was before the procedure the suctures all broke loose. Now because I was in this study I can't participate in the new one. I guess I am just destined to stay fat. I am so depressed right now I was hoping this would give me something to look forward to the past two years have been horrible. My oldest son went missing Nov 23 2006 Thanksgiving day and we have been fighting to be able to bring our grandson to our house for visits he lives in PA now and we live outside St. Louis on the IL side of the river. Well good luck to everyone I hope you have more success than me.
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/08 4:40 am, edited 2/1/08 9:22 am
I'm sorry the procedure did not work for you.  Did you feel restriction at any point?  I'm about 3 months out and still feel considerable restriction.  On the bright side, did you lose any weight by just following the "recommended" diet?    Have you researched possibly getting a revision?  Please don't give up! I can't even imagine what you're going through regarding your son.  I will pray for the best for your family.
Most Active