Approved for Revision!

SophieGrace
on 1/30/08 11:40 am - IL
Karen:

I have staple-line disruption, which means the old portion of my stomach broke the staples to the pouch and so food passes the new ways and the old way.  I regained most all of my weight.

My problems began with massive heartburn -- nearly disabling -- and an upper GI.  I had begun gaining weight in June 2005, 5-6 pounds a month, to get me where I am today. 

The upper GI series showed the staple-line was completely disrupted, plus I have a hiatal hernia, a fistula, two large ulcers, and......... the best part...... staples and sutures just hanging out there.  It's lovely.

It sounds like you are going to need some real documentation of your attempts to lose weight.  Many of them now want a whopping FIVE YEARS of proof of something like Weigh****chers, medically supervised stuff, whatever.

Don't give up.  If I think of any other ideas, I'll let you know.

And THANK YOU for your kind words and prayers.  I'm a jittery mess right now, but happy that I'm finally going to get this taken care of.

((((((hugs)))))))))

SophieGrace 

MsDeniseinPA
on 1/30/08 5:54 am - PA

congratulations! I'm gla dyou are able to have your revision. Can you tell us what type of insurance you have?

SophieGrace
on 1/30/08 11:41 am - IL
I have Private Health Care Systems.  The plan administrator is BAS.

Not widely known, but they insure teachers in IL.

SophieGrace 

Most Active