StomaphyX on Friday!!!

pepsi98
on 1/28/08 4:04 am - Norwich, CT
I'm all set to have my StomaphyX on Friday 2/1.  Just had labs etc and now I wait.  Do not want to mess this up in anyway and I hope and pray that all goes well and I make a success of this! Sue
katchal
on 1/30/08 10:21 am - Goodview, VA
Hi Sue, I am going to be evaluated for this procedure on Monday. Please keep us posted on how you do and I wish you the Best of Luck. Kathy
pepsi98
on 1/30/08 6:36 pm - Norwich, CT
Hi Kathy,    I will definately keep posting because this procedure is still experimental and I know how much everyone wants to know all about it!  Thanks for your kind words...make sure you post what info you get on Monday.  This is what I know...I go in tomorrow morning and will be put under general anesthesia.  They then go down with an endoscope and the Stomaphyx device and make "pleats" with the stomaphyx "fasteners" making the pouch as well as the stoma smaller.  I know my pouch is widely dilated and my stoma is 16mm so I'm hoping that he will make everything as small as possible.  I also want to make this as successful as possible, so I'm thinking of staying on liwuids for an extended length of time in order to give the tissue enough to naturally "adhere" together. Keep me in your thoughts! Sue 
Betsy C.
on 1/30/08 11:37 pm - Efland, NC
Sue - Good luck with your StomaphyX tomorrow.  We'll all be on the edge of our seats until we hear from you.  From everything I've read, it's a quick recovery afterward. Kathy - Good luck with your StomaphyX eval on Monday.  Please let us know how it goes.  Is your insurance paying for it?  Seems like most don't, but some have said they do.  Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

pepsi98
on 1/31/08 10:18 am - Norwich, CT
Hi Betsy,    Thanks so much for your kind words...I'll post as soon as I can, because I know how much we all want information.  I have learned so much and have read so many fascinating stories on this forum.  My journey begins again  in a few short hours... Sue
Most Active