stomaphxy surgery coming up Tues Jan 22

ddam7
on 1/19/08 6:08 am - crystal lake, IL
i am very excited about stomaphxy surgery this Tues Jan 22  with Dr Schlesinger in Phoenix  AZ. I hope and pray this works.. I will keep everyone updated as to how it is working for me. Please pray that i have great results  that lasts!  Thank You Dee Mazzocchi
JRinAZ
on 1/19/08 6:30 am - Layton, UT

Safe travels Dee!  You will absolutey love Dr. Schlesinger!  He just did my Revision from Rny proximal to Distal.  I understand that he is very aggressive with his Stomaphyx procedure and puts in more fasteners than is typical; allowing very little "light of day" between your pouch and your intestine! I work 2  floors below at North Valley Plastic Surgery so maybe I'll peek in and say Hi!!! Good luck!  I hope you enjoy your trip and that it turns out to be a great procedure for you! Joyce in AZ

pepsi98
on 1/19/08 6:57 am - Norwich, CT
I am scheduled to have stomaphyx on Feb 1st at Tufts in Boston.  Any one with any tips, stories etc would be soooo appreciated!!  I actually had a gastric bypass in 1982 , lost about 120 lbs and through the years have regained mostly all of it.  Of course back then there really was no guidance about what to eat etc.  I really now have to gear myself up to realize that this really is it and I have to somehow deal with wanting to eat even when I'm not really hungry (head hunger).  I gained my weight back by "grazing" and that is a hard habit to break.  I pray that this will work for me...I want to be so very careful this time!!   Any advice/experience with stomaphyx? Sue
pepsi98
on 1/19/08 7:00 am - Norwich, CT
To add a little more...my surgeon back then was a general surgeon and is probably dead or retired now.  I will be having stomaphyx with Dr. Scott Shikora. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/08 9:28 pm
Dee and Sue! Best of luck to you both!!  I'm looking forward to your updates!  I love hearing positive news!
S Andrews
on 1/20/08 8:55 am - eatonville, WA
Please let us know how it all goes. I had RNY 21/2 years ago and lost very little and have an appointment with a surgeon north of Seattle on Wednesday to discuss the stomaphyx and would love to hear how yours goes. Good luck- I will be thinking of you. Sharon A
Most Active