Anyone who had a band erosion...

Joanne_Y
on 1/13/08 7:49 am - Stamford, CT
Did you have any symptoms? Lately I have felt like something is very wrong.  Sometimes I have restriction, sometimes I don't.  I get a weird burning sensation in my chest every once in a while that definitely doesn't feel like reflux.  I even took Tums for it but it didn't help. I have an appointment on Wednesday for a fill, so I'll talk to the PA about it, but I wanted to know if this could possibly ******osion.  I'm worried... Thanks!
~ Joanne ~

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/08 10:58 pm - Brampton, Canada
Band erosions are very rare, I would definitely see your band surgeon for an evaluation.
melati
on 1/15/08 4:38 am - Miami, FL
Hi Have you posted this on the lap band forum or lapbandtalk.com? I am having similar feelings--you can contact me if you want. Let me know how it goes w/ your dr.
~~Sami~~ *.
on 1/15/08 12:05 pm - Jacksonville, FL
If you have erosion or a slip, you definitely should not let the PA fill you tomorrow.  Go in for your appointment and talk with the surgeon.  S/he will want to schedule you for at least a barium swallow, possibly an endocscopy, to diagnose the slip or erosion.  I hope it's nothing, though. :)

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active