major pain after a revision

Tawnda C.
on 1/8/08 1:23 am - Jacksonville, Fl

A fistula is a hole that developed between the new pouch and old stomach allowing food, acid and etc to pass around inside. It caused alot of noise also. I weighed 204 when I started seeing the doctor in November. I now weigh 184. I am getting ready to go to the doctor right now. You can email me direct at [email protected].

Tawnda

debra O.
on 1/11/08 2:09 am - MN
I HAD AN OPEN VBG OVER TEN YEARS AGO AND ALL I DID WAS VOMIT AND THE LAST TWO YEARS IT BECASME DAILY. I COULD NOT EAT ANY MEATS AS IT WOULD GET STUCK BUT I COULD GET ALLTHE CHOCOLATE AND JUNK FOOD DOWN. I DID NOT LOSE OR GAIN WEIGHT BUT I WAS MISERABLE THE YEAS I HAD THE VBG -  ON 1.04.07 I HAD AN OPEN RNY AND DOING OKAY, IT FEELS STRANGE TO EAT SOMETHING AND NOT HAVE TO VOMIT - I LOST 16 POUNDS THE FIRST 16 DAYS AND HAVE NOT WEIGHTED MYSELF SINCE THEN - I AM NOT IN ANY PAIN NOW THAT I AM OVER THE 3 WEEKN HUMP. IF YOU ARE CONTINUING TO HAVE SUCH PAIN, GO TO THE DOCTOR AGAINA ND AGAIN UNTIL THEY FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG. GO TO ER IF YOU HAVE TO BUT I DO NOT THINK YOU SHOULD BE HAVING THIS PAIN AND DO NOT SETTLE FOR THEM TO WAIT - TAKE CARE HUGS - DEB

VGB Banded 1997   Band Removed 12.04.07  RNY Revision 12.04.07

Rinna
on 1/14/08 5:38 am - WA
I had my Open RNY Feb 07. I had pain for about 3 months post-op. I dreaded sneezing, coughing, rolling over in bed, anything that would make it hurt more. However 3.5 weeks post-op I had a total staple line disruption and didnt know it. So I lost 40 lbs. in 5 weeks and then nothing now in 10 months or so. I am going in for a Revision in a few weeks.  Honestly I dont know what my pain was from. The surgery or the complications after. But I had pain for months. I would suggest talking to your surgeon. He would probably know best. I hope you feel better and you find out all is well :)
Stay Positive and God Bless!
Rinna      
Most Active