revision!?!?!?!?!?

joenanna07
on 1/4/08 6:01 am - TX
anyone out there ever heard of jejunal diverticulum and large proximal? this is what the dr. said i had and thats why i am putting on so much weight. i gained 8lbs in 3 wks and thats cause i was watching what i ate and walking 3 miles 4x a wk! ever since i saw that i was gaining i started eating bad and forget exersice. so now of course i feel like crap and do not have the motivation start over! we already put a request letter to my insurance (uhc pos) so just waiting on that! has anyone out there had any of these problems and got a revision with uhc?
LosingSally
on 1/4/08 5:02 pm
 Jejunal diverticulum has no  bearing on weight gain. Generally, unless you are having bleeding episodes or blockages ( not that common with  jejunal diverticulum ) no treatment is done.  As to a large proximal, what does that mean?  When someone has an RNY, it's usually classified as a proixmal ( 50 to 100 cm bypassed intestines), or distal ( 120 to 200 cm bypassed). So I'm not sure what a large proximal means, since the more  intestines bypassed the better the weight loss, and better to keep from gaining back.  It seems you need to get back on track, and get back to basics on what you eat. Eat your protein first, followed by veggies. Drink your 64 oz of water daily to help keep you full between meals. Don't eat any simple white carbs, because this will make you gain weight. Gaining 8 pounds is no reason to give up and just gain a ton of weight!! Exercise is neccessary with the surgery you have, or any other weight loss surgery.
joenanna07
on 1/5/08 12:47 am - TX
well thats what the dr told me! as for basics i was on basics i just had my daughter 7 mnths ago and b\c i was being careful i lost all of the baby wieght in about 4 mnths and maintained that for about 2 mnths as i said i was walking about 3 miles 4x  a week! i origannly lost 120lbs and then just stoped! when i was told that the other 20lbs was not gona come off w\o plastic surgery i really got discouraged. at the time i knew that  wasnt an option for me! so then i put on 25lbs! when i realized that i got back on track i lost 5lbs then found out i was pregnant! so total sincs wls i had put on 50lbs after i gave birth. but as i said i lost 30lbs a.s.a.p! then when my daughter turned about 4 mnths i just stopped losing but i kept eating right and kept walking. well after about 2mnths i realized dat i was putting on the weight i understand platueing but to put on weight was crazy so i called my dr. dats when he did the endoscopy and he said as long as i did not get it fixed i would not lose ant weight and said i continue to put on the weight! so he put a letter into my insurance co. so we are waiting to here from them. and yes i do have bleeding occasionally but not sure about the blokage.
LosingSally
on 1/6/08 11:40 am
Sweetie, you just do what your doctor told you. If nothing you do helps, maybe a revision is for you.
Most Active