Revision weight loss ??

Susie221
on 12/28/07 11:19 pm - UK
I am hoping to have a revision at some point this year ,its now 14 months since my original RNY .I have managed to lose 73lbs . The surgeon who did my endoscope said I would probably get another 14lbs off with revision ( outlet wide open ) as when we are morbidly obese for so long we will never reach a "normal " weight .  I would like to hear from anyone who has had their outlet tightened ,or any other revisioners who have managed a good / bad  weight loss after revision I had a starting weight off 298lbs Would I have a revision before 18 months I wonder I mean do you have to wait until you are at least 18 months post op ? to see how you weight loss is going ? My bmi is now 40  Look forward to your replies  Sue x
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/07 12:08 am - Brampton, Canada
Sue before you decide on a revision or which type research well!  I would never presume to tell someone else what would be the best revision for them and no one here knows.  I have done wonderful with my lapband and no complications but just remember any revision has the potential for more complications because of the scar tissue and our anatomy already being altered once.  Wishing you all the best!
karyn36
on 1/6/08 2:04 pm - Corbin , KY
I myself am looking for a dr in Ky but can't seem to find one that everyone can agree on. When I think i find me one then I go in the ky chat room and ask. I hear all kinds of scary things. I wish you the best. It has been 6 yrs the 24th of this month since I had my surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/08 6:19 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Hi Susie, I had a revision from a gastroplasty to the RNY and I have never been thinner in my life (even my teens).  I am a size 10-12 and I have lost 104 pounds.  I lost weight with the gastroplasty (stomach stapling) but the small hole that the food went down was filled with scar tissue so all I could eat was sugar and chips that dissolve and went down easily so I started gaining weight back.  Ever since my RNY I have lost steadily and I am below goal so I don't believe that you will never reach a normal weight because I did it.   I am enjoying not throwing up like I did with the gastroplasty and eating good food again.   I would do my revision again and again. Hugs, Esther
Most Active