WHAT IS REVISION????

BlackDynasty
on 12/27/07 11:32 am - Detroit, MI
Can someone please explain to me what is this type of surgery and what do yoy go through..
Kimberly B.
on 12/27/07 10:00 pm, edited 1/1/08 4:51 am - Gardena, CA
FobiPouch on 03/11/92
I orginally had staples back in 1992 after a while the staple line begin to fail and I gained 60 lbs, in 2004 my surgery was revised  the Fobi Pouch , Dr Fobi had perfected improved on what he had already done.  Since I had already had the stomach muscles cut it was very little pain at the same time he removed  a hernia , gallblader and removed the skin from my stomach. 
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/07 11:30 pm - TX

A revision is a second surgery meant to either change, correct or tweak an original surgery.  It does not have to be the same surgery as you had the first time.  For example your first surgery could have been a lapband and then a revision to a RNY or DS or sleeve gastrectomy........

Or you could have had a RNY (like me) then have a revision to a DS, get your RNY "fixed", etc.

so it's not one answer fits all.

What type of surgery did you have first out and what type of problems are you having?

Please do make sure you do your research extensively, as the complication rate increases with revisions and they can be extremely difficult with some really bad consequences.  Find out all your options.  No one wants a second surgery to fail.  

I was so fortunate that I didn't have any complications whatsoever, none of the temporary side effects, (like acid or nausea) and lost on par with first time weight loss patients.

Read my profile if you'd like to find out why I chose the DS for my revision.

wrigk
on 12/28/07 9:26 pm - Delano, CA

Revision surgery is a second weight loss procedure and usually is done when you've regained weight or didn't lose much initially.  Often someone will revise from one type of procedure to a different procedure (ie, RNY to DS) and not just an "updated" version of the same procedure.  It is sooooo important to research the procedures!!!  Revisions require much more experience/skill, etc.  So you not only need to research the procedure but look at the surgeon too.  How many revisions has he/she done?  What are their stats?  Etc.  If you go to www.dssurgery.com they have a section on revisions.

Most Active