Update on Me!

babrewer
on 12/27/07 5:04 am - Midlothian, TX
Hi All, Well, last week I had an EGD and Colonoscopy.  I got the results today from my surgeons nurse.  She said that all I have wrong with me is that my pouch volume has stretched to medium or large.  The staple line is intact and that is all they found wrong with me. The nurse told me that she thought the dr would just tell me to go back to the basics, and plug in to the monthly WLS classes and attend a nutrition class. Is that what some of you have heard from your Dr's offices?   No need for a revision even though I have put back on 80 pounds? I am a little confused? Your thoughts are welcomed. Sincerely, Barbara Brewer
Kaargo
on 12/27/07 6:34 am - CA
If that is way off what you think is reasonable, go get another opinion.  I went to three surgeons and got three opinions that were very different.
mjc123
on 12/27/07 11:19 am, edited 12/27/07 11:19 am - Midlothian, VA
I heard the same thing from one surgeon. Yet he was just reading off the report that was done and I am not sure how familiar that person who performed the tests was with bariactrics. I went to another surgeon and heard a TOTALLY different message. Besides this, just the fact that the surgery is still in tact is not the only way to get aproval for revision. If you can show that you were complicant and yet still gained weight, that your BMI is still over 40, and youhave co-morbidities you still can qualify for revision. Don't give up...Get another opinion and then build a case REGARDLESS.
babrewer
on 12/27/07 8:51 pm - Midlothian, TX
Thanks for your responses.  I will go for a second and third opinion if I have too.  Yes, some of my co-morbidities are back and my BMI is 42 . Thanks for your advice. Barbara
Most Active