Revision Surgery!

godlywoman
on 3/3/08 1:06 pm
How do I get in touch with starry1st on the DS board.The reason I need to talk to her because I have a freind who needs a revision done.But she does not have a computer to talk to someone in a chatroom.But she wants to give them her phone number and name so she can ask questions.So her phone number is 314-638-5567 and name is Rose Manning.Please help her out.She is a good person and has a lot of health problems. Thank you Beth
JRinAZ
on 3/4/08 3:58 am - Layton, UT
Hi there, You can search her profile on the O.H. boards, or, flip back to previous posts on this forum until you find one from her.  Click on her name "Starry...." and follow the prompts to send a message.  OR....go to the DS forum and flip through their posts to find her OR  make a posting on the DS forum and she'll probably snag it before long. Good luck to your friend!
s000perman
on 9/12/10 4:02 pm
Okay,I SURE DON'T SEE A LOT ABOUT DR. ELINARY IN 2010, IS HE STILL DOING REVISIONS? IS HE THE BEST? I LIVE IN LAS VEGAS, HOWEVER I CAN'T FIND A DOCTOR TO TAKE DOWN MY R N Y TO DUODENAL SWITCH OUT HERE. ANYONE HAD IT DONE? I WEIGHED 484 LBS WHEN I DID MY RNY FIVE YEARS AGO AND I'M BACK UP TO 388 LBS HELPPPPPPPPPPP?
MIKE
Monique H.
on 9/13/10 8:00 am
Aren't you pretty close to Los Angeles? Well Dr. Keshishian is in Glendale which is in LA county and he does do rny to ds revisions. I would give him a call.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
WASaBubbleButt
on 9/14/10 3:34 am - Mexico
On September 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM Pacific Time, s000perman wrote:
Okay,I SURE DON'T SEE A LOT ABOUT DR. ELINARY IN 2010, IS HE STILL DOING REVISIONS? IS HE THE BEST? I LIVE IN LAS VEGAS, HOWEVER I CAN'T FIND A DOCTOR TO TAKE DOWN MY R N Y TO DUODENAL SWITCH OUT HERE. ANYONE HAD IT DONE? I WEIGHED 484 LBS WHEN I DID MY RNY FIVE YEARS AGO AND I'M BACK UP TO 388 LBS HELPPPPPPPPPPP?
MIKE

Depending on where you are Husted is in Phoenix and Gagner is in San Francisco...,i think?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
JRinAZ
on 9/14/10 5:03 am, edited 9/14/10 5:15 am - Layton, UT
On September 12, 2010 at 11:02 PM Pacific Time, s000perman wrote: Okay,I SURE DON'T SEE A LOT ABOUT DR. ELINARY IN 2010, IS HE STILL DOING REVISIONS? IS HE THE BEST? I LIVE IN LAS VEGAS, HOWEVER I CAN'T FIND A DOCTOR TO TAKE DOWN MY R N Y TO DUODENAL SWITCH OUT HERE. ANYONE HAD IT DONE? I WEIGHED 484 LBS WHEN I DID MY RNY FIVE YEARS AGO AND I'M BACK UP TO 388 LBS HELPPPPPPPPPPP?
MIKE Hiya Mike,

Though there are quite a few surgeons who do a DS as a 1st surgery there are very few who have the experience and expertise to do REVISIONS:

Dr. Keshishian is in CA
[email protected]

Dr. Rabkin is in CA
[email protected]

Dr. Greenbaum is in NJ
[email protected]

Dr. Gagner is in Montreal Canada
[email protected]

I know when i was hunting for my DS surgeon, I contacted several via email and all of them responded by either email or a phone call.  Many many DS folks travel out of state and even out of Country to get to a good Revision surgeon.  Our lives are worth it!!

Good luck!  You can get oodles of help on the DS forum as well
*(edited to correct the spelling of the surgeons!  Ooops!)
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active