Which way to go??

Tyner08
on 12/28/07 4:59 am - GA
Thanks Pat, Karen and Barbara for your help. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.  They paid for RNY.    I dropped them for a year, but recently went back to them.  Im beginning to think that what you say is true Karen. He doesnt do revisions, so he is trying to talk me out of it.   After doing some more research I am leaning toward the DS.  After speaking to someone who also has BCBS, they said that they turn down their revision surgery.  Thats why I feel i have a fight on my hands.  Well wish me luck.  The journey has just begun.
Allison S.
on 1/4/08 8:53 am - Atlanta, GA

I have a question for you ... i see your surgeon listed as Steinburg who is my lapband surgeon as well.  I need a revision as my port has been a total nightmare.  I really wasnt wild about his options to me 1) take the port out and try a new one 2) take out the band and do the rny.  My thoughts are he only does those 2 surgeries.   Just curious if he is who you are currently seeing. thanks!

allison

bonnied
on 12/30/07 12:38 pm - St. Albans, VT
Sounds like your surgeon just wants to get paid. Unfortunately, it is a business, and there are many docs *****commend a certain procedure bacause they get more $$ or it's easier for them and not necessiarily the best for the patient. Sometimes their thought process is "oh well if this doesn't work, we can do this..." and that is how they make money. I honestly think that's why many surgeons do the band, even when the patient on the table should be having RNY, because when they fail, they can do the RNY and get paid again. Find another surgeon who can give you all your options. Good lucK! Bonnie 264/155
Most Active