just wondering

SophieGrace
on 12/23/07 4:27 am - IL
I have staple-line disruption, which is apparently not entirely my fault.  The original surgeon did not use enough rows of staples.  He promised three, and it looks like I got ONE.

Other than that, I made a lot of mistakes.  Drinking alcohol, taking medications (especially aspirin) that could damage the pouch, not getting enough protein, and not getting enough counseling to deal with the rapid changes and the way people treated me differently -- all these things I would do differently now.
darnell239
on 12/23/07 9:25 pm - Columbia, SC
Janet, Minus the pregnancy part all the reasons everyone has given you is why I regained also.  I thought the honey moon would last forever and it doesn't.  I didn't have dumping syndrome so I was still able to drink coke.   That stuff is very addictive to me.  Not to mention because you can only eat small quantities I began to graze all day and that was the death of my weight loss.  My biggest advice stay away from carbonated drinks and be mindful of grazing.  It will catch up with you.   Merry Christmas!
Janet H.
on 12/24/07 2:17 am - Golden Valley, AZ
Thank you so very much for you advice, Merry Christmas to you and your family

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

Most Active