EROS procedure update!

Cheryl J.
on 12/21/07 10:11 pm
I just had the EROS procedure on 12/19.  The Dr use the smaller instrument which is the newer instrument. Even with the smaller instrument, they could only put in 1 suture. So my pouch was only made smaller by  1/4.  Dr. Bessler said they tried to do 3 sutures, but they couldnt get 2 of them to tighten, so they had to take them out. By that time the swellingness started.  I wonder if they really did use the smaller instrument,lol.  I don't feel much restriction with the protein drinks. They want you to eat puree food for 3 weeks. It's hard though because you are hungry, and there isn't a significant amount of restriction.  I do feel some restriction with food and I stay full a little bit longer. My pouch went from 5cm to 4cm and my stoma is 2cm. My hopes was to get my pouch down to 2 or 3 cm and my stoma 1 cm.  When I get health insurance, Im going for the Lap Band revision, even if I have to wear weights around my ankles and wrists to add extra weight on me when I go for the initial consultation,lol!
darnell239
on 12/23/07 9:12 pm - Columbia, SC

Thanks for keeping us updated with your procedure.  I get the feeling the procedure was a little of a disappointment.   When you say a revision are you talking about having a lapband placed over your current bypass or having your bypass undone and then placing a lapband over?  I 'm curious because I am in the process.   Merry Christmas!

darnell239
on 1/22/08 1:17 am - Columbia, SC
Hi Dazzling Eyes, I haven't seen you on the board in a while.  I was wondering how the EROS is doing?
Cheryl J.
on 1/31/08 4:01 am
The EROS didnt work because the Dr couldnt put all of the sutures he wanted in. He only got 1 in. I dont have enough restriction. Im looking to get a Lap Band procedure.
Most Active