Revision

debbiejean58
on 12/16/07 8:40 pm - Antioch, TN
Sorry, I am kinda new to the board - wish I had know about it when I first had my surgery it would have answered a lot of my questions that I had to figure our alone!! Sorry to be so stupid but is a revision where your weight loss surgery has failed or something is wrong and you have to have another WLS done? Thanks, Debbie

SophieGrace
on 12/19/07 12:17 am - IL

Debbie: There are different reasons for revisions. Sometimes the surgery in question just doesn't result in enough weight loss.  Other times, there are complications and there needs to be a revision of some type.  This can take many different forms. In my case, the original RNY apparently did not have enough rows of staples separating the stomach pouch from the rest of the stomach, and the staple line disrupted.  Old portion opened up, I can hold more food, food takes longer in the digestive tract and more calories absorbed.  I also have other complications such as an ulcer, scarring, a fistula forming, and a hole in the diaphram.  My body tried to heal the original surgery over and created a real mess of things. Hope this helps.

Most Active