delete

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/07 8:39 am, edited 7/3/08 4:39 am

Kim M.
on 12/19/07 4:46 am - Mansfield, MO
I feel for you, I am only 4 months out and already lurking on the revision board and trying to learn how will I know that I need one... I'm 4 months out and I'm starving ALL THE TIME...its not "head" hunger either my stomach/pouch/intestine whatever gets empty and growly just like before surgery, I have only lost 70lbs and most ppl who had their surgeries around my time are all at 80lbs and more lost ...alot have already lost 100lbs....I have actually gained back 7lbs in the past 2 weeks!! my "tool" isn't working....I dont' think I have enough .cm bypassed ... because I seem to absorb what I eat....I have a call and a email in to my surgeon office wanting to know the exact measurement..I never cared until now...anyways just wanted to post and say I hear ya.....
 kim m.
RNY (08-07-07)
305/286/185/160
hw / sw/ cw /goal 
www.happyweightloss.net

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/07 8:07 am
Suzanna N.
on 12/22/07 7:40 am - Ocala, FL
You guys are RIGHT!!! Your not crazy at all. But welcome to the "doomsday" factor! If you go on most of the other boards....Revision equals failure. Everyone is so afraid of this not working for them that they don't want to talk about it.  But guess what, sometimes WLS doesn't work..... Or it works partially.... Or it breaks somewhere down the line.... Or sometimes it just wasn't quite right in the first place...(sounds like you two) Or some folks truly out eat the surgery and begin to gain again... The fact is it happens! I understand everyones fear of failure with WLS. Its like the last hope we have and to have it not go as planned can be devastating. And yeah, the true support for folks thinking something is wrong with or needs fixed about thier WLS is pretty minimal. The RNY board seems to just freeze up at the thought and the DS board just thinks we are pathetic. (Obviously this is not each individual, just a general consensus...so don't anyone get their knickers in a damn knot) Anyway............. Many people get the problem fixed and go on to goal after a revision. Some do not. Either way, you need to do what you feel you need to do to fix the problem. Me,....I went and got the darn revision!
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/07 3:25 pm
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/07 8:54 pm, edited 12/23/07 6:20 am - TX

I would encourage all of you to look into the DS if you're really considering a revision.  Yes, it's more difficult (edited to say for the surgeon to perform, therefore less DS surgeons.  Yes, it's more malabsortive.  Yes, few surgeons are truly qualified to do it (don't depend on the surgeon listed here, go to www.duodenalswitch.com to find vetted surgeons), yes you most likely will have to travel for it, yes a revision poses more chance for complications, yes, technically there's nothing to mechanically fail with the DS, yes, revisions tend to lose slower.

Yes, I love my DS!!!!!!!!!!  Superior weight loss, normal eating, a boatload of vitamins/supplements to take daily, but no dumping, no vomiting and no food getting stuck.

Good luck to you all whatever you decide.

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/07 12:09 pm
Most Active